Search results

1. G

Help getting started with Studio Lights

Here is an excellent guide provided by Elinchrom: https://www.elinchromus.com/articles/one-light-felix.html?utm_source=maropost&utm_medium=eblast&utm_campaign=felix-kunze-one-light
  2. G

Anything shot with a 5D4

My wife's interpretation of Tchaîkovsky's Dance of the little swans with some of her Madame Alexander Cissys collection 5D4 24-105
  3. G

Show your Bird Portraits

Great shot Click, she is waving us goodbye...
  4. G

Autumn...

Thank you Click and Valvebounce fot your kind comments.
  5. G

Show your Bird Portraits

A joyous glutton
  6. G

Autumn...

Same area
  7. G

Autumn...

Same area
  8. G

Autumn...

Rural Eastern Ontario
  9. G

Home Studio

I use 3 Elinchrom heads (2x500 and 1x250 BRX) and Savage paper for the background with a marked preference for their "Fashion grey" color in their 2 most common width ( 53" and 105"). As noted above, a flash meter is essential to get the best possible results. What I found most useful was to...
  10. G

Are there any companies that print from Canon Raw files

When I wish to have large prints, or our calendars, I forward my data to Apple/Mac and they do a splendid job from 8x10 to 20x30. Needless to say we are equipped with 27" iMacs.
  11. G

Finally, Apple's Sierra 10.12.2 has un update for Photos!

And takes care of 5DIV Raw format. What a pleasant surprise, just on time for Xmas. Cheers!
  12. G

Opinions: bellows for M39/M42 lenses with 5D? good bad ugly?

Have you tried to look up Fotodiox lens adapters? and/or eventually tried to look up Leica adapters route from M39 to Leica M to Leica R to Canon EOS 5d? I have used use Leica R bellows with EOS adapters to copy old Kodachrome slides on a 5D with reasonable success. Good luck.
  13. G

Ridiculous that Canon still has not released OSX Sierra compatible EOS software

The problem is Apple's Sierra, not Canon's and also occurs with Leica M especially when you wish use RAW images in "Photos". You then have 2 possibilities : either use JPEG in the camera, or if you are still using RAW, try the "modify" icon (right upper corner on your Mac screen), and the image...
  14. G

New Firmware Coming Shortly for EOS 5D Mark IV? [CR1]

I find that my iMac does not accept RAW images from the 5DIV I got some days ago. It accepts any JPEG but all Raw get the grey warning sign treatment. However If I store a string of RAW images, the iMac accepts them in its 'slide show" operation, and they are gorgeous. But if I want to modify...