Search results

1. J

Had the chance to use the R5 for astrophotography

I’ve used the 16-35 f2.8 iii and been very pleased with results. The Rokinon SP f2.4 14mm is awesome, but I find 14mm a little too wide.
  2. J

EOS R and Rokinon incompatible?

I haven't been able to get the Rokinon 24mm to work on my EOS R. It seems to fit okay, but the shutter won't fire. Anyone else run into this or have an idea on how to fix it? My Samyang 14mm works fine, and the 24mm has worked only other Canons. Thanks.
  3. J

Canon EOS 90D and Canon EOS M6 Mark II announcements coming at the end of August

Is this Canon's big August announcement? What happened to "reclaiming the megapixel crown" and "getting into the spec wars"?
  4. J

IPF printer incompatible with thunderbolt

That worked. Thanks.
  5. J

Adobe raises price of photography plan

Download a new browser and see what you get. Apparently, Adobe is running some pricing tests.
  6. J

I didn't catch that is was only Lightroom cc., which makes it even worse.
  7. J

It looks like the price for the photography Creative Cloud has gone up to $19.99 for new subscribers. You can get a Lightroom-only plan for $9.99. Adobe announced a price increase for the full Creative Cloud and single apps in February, but didn't mention a change to the photography plan. It...
  8. J

IPF printer incompatible with thunderbolt

I have an IPF8400 printer and a new 2018 MacBook Pro with thunderbolt connections. The printer doesn't work with USB-to-USB-c adapters. Canon tech support said, basically, yeah, that's right it won't work. Has anybody run into this problem and solved it?
  9. J

Canon releases firmware v1.1.0 for the EOS R and it’s disappointing

"4. Corrects a phenomenon in which horizontal linear noise may occur when using specific lenses together with certain recording image quality settings." Has anybody installed the update? Does this mean the low-light noise banding has been solved?
  10. J

EOS R first impressions - post your hands-on impressions here

He said it happens a lot. There'll be critiques online, but nobody reports issues directly to Canon. Who knows?
  11. J

I just wanted to add that I called Canon CPS to ask about the banding, and they said they have had no reports about the issue.
  12. J

I'm still experimenting with my EOS R, but I see banding in very high contrast scenes in which the shadows are lifted by 3+ stops. Enabling Dual Pixel seems to solve or nearly solve the problem at low iso (100-400) and mitigate it at 800 and higher iso. Oddly, though, the results with Dual Pixel...
  13. J

Canon EOS-R or How Canon Nailed the Entrance into the Mirrorless FullFrame Market

Ok. thanks. I have a 5DSR, which I love. Awesome IQ. However, I do a lot of night shooting. It's good, but not great for astro. I was thinking about a 5Div, but bought a Pentax K-1 for astro for half the price. It's great at night. Cleaner and better dynamic range than the 5dsr. However, two...
  14. J

Canon EOS-R or How Canon Nailed the Entrance into the Mirrorless FullFrame Market

How does the EOS R compare to your 5DSR?
  15. J

Has anyone tried astrophotography with it? How about banding in low light? There was a post somewhere (I can't find it now) suggesting the banding correlated to flash or wirless remote in the hot shoe.