Search results

1. W

Canon’s upcoming announcements recap

Agree strongly.
  2. W

A Look into Canon’s Ergonomics

For the price we shouldn't have to do that. I would have been so simple for them to do. Hope the mark 2 model fixes it.
  3. W

A Look into Canon’s Ergonomics

Concerning the R5, I wish that Canon would put some type of dimple or bumps on the Q, info, and zoom buttons. They are very close together and hard to differentiate between them especially when wearing gloves.
  4. W

What I would like to see in 2024

My wish for 2024. A Firmware upgrade for the R5 that allows a pre shoot buffer when you half press the shutter button. If there is an R5 ll I wish they would but a dimple on either the zoom or info button. I shoot in cold weather and use gloves.
  5. W

Best of Canon 2023: #1 RF 200-800 F6.3-9 IS USM

I shoot a lot of wildlife and birds and have continued to use my EF 100-400 L II on by R5. Sometimes with an extender. I have thought often about selling it and buying the RF 100-500. But for me it was hard to justify the expense for what I perceive to be fairly minor differences. My...
  6. W

Canon releases firmware v1.9.0 for the EOS R5

I was hoping the pre shoot buffer feature would be in this firmware update. Sigh. Is there any hardware reason this can't be done on the R5?
  7. W

Canon EOS R5 Mark II Specification make the rounds

I am a little late to this discussion so sorry it this had been said. Concerning the button layout I wish they would put a dimple on the info button. It and the zoom button are hard to tell apart with bare hands but with gloves it becomes very difficult. I shoot in cold weather a lot and a...
  8. W

The down time is here, when is the Canon momentum coming?

I could get excited about a firmware update to the R5 that enabled the pre shoot buffering like the R6 and R3. I have simple needs:)
  9. W

Another announcement cycle is out of the way, so what’s next from Canon for the EOS R system?

Has there many any more rumors about some really unique telephoto lenses. I seem to remember a thread about a design that used spotting scope tech to shorten and lighten the lenses. Any rumors about any new DO super tele?
  10. W

Are new dream lenses coming for the RF mount? [CR1]

I second that, if they would also make a 200-500 F4 D0 with built in 1.4 teleconverter.
  11. W

New rumor of Supertelephoto DO’s and the R1 [CR2]

It will be interesting to see which if any of these lenses make it into production. Any chance any of them will have a built in Teleconverter? Now that Nikon has done that with their new 400 2.8 I wonder if Canon has any in the pipeline. An RF version of the EF200-400 F4 TC would be of...
  12. W

Firmware: Canon releases new firmware for the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6 to fix freezing bug

I have not contacted Canon. I have swapped cards but have not been rigorous in labeling them. It has always been in the middle of trying to get a shot. The next time it happens I will swap out a card immediately and mark it. If others are not seeing this it is most likely a card issue but...
  13. W

Firmware: Canon releases new firmware for the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6 to fix freezing bug

I apologize in advance if there is a thread somewhere else on the site that covers the following issue. I have not had a problem with my R5 freezing in the way that seems to be described here but I do have issues with card slot 2. On occasion during a shoot the camera quits operating and I...
  14. W

EOS R5 viewfinder and LCD screen flash white when doing a half shutter press. Has anyone else experienced this?

I have had a similar issue. When I turn the camera on by viewfinder goes almost to whiteout. Its very random. I have not noticed this happening with the half shutter press but I will keep an eye on it now that I am aware.
  15. W

Canon will release an APS-C RF mount camera(s) later in 2022 [CR3]

I too wonder what lens would serve me better. I am shooting my ef 100-400 on the R5. I sometimes put the 1.4 extender on and other than driving the iso and noise up I am happy with the results. The RF 100-500 would be a cleaner solution. If not that what? The big whites are out of my...
  16. W

So Canon makes more money if you buy the 400 f4 or even better the 400 2.8 . My point is I think a lot of people who want this for birding just want the reach/megapixels on the bird or fur. Canon will use this to make the most money. If Canon could make an 80 Mpixel 20 fps ff camera...
  17. W

There are a lot of ways to skin a cat. So here is a hypothetical Your R6/100-400/1.4 extender is currently $3647. You get 20MP at f11 at 560mm. Your R5/100-500 is currently $6698. using your crop mode idea you get 17mp at f7.1 at 500mm. What if there was an R7 at 32mp for the same price...
  18. W

I don't have the numbers and info that Canon marketing has but if I were setting in their meetings I would . A. Do a 90D or 7Dii type product. Because I think smart phone are killing the low end. B. Not do an RF-s line of lenses. It confuses people.
  19. W

Nikon officially announces the Nikon Z 9, and it’s a remarkable $5499

A little surprised how many people think this price is a game changer. 20fps raw which is the same as an R5 which is less money. I know that's not apples to apples but switching brands based on comparing the price to an R3 sounds like a gross overreaction.