Search results

1. cookestudios

Review: Canon EOS M5 by DPReview

Sorry to hear you feel that way. You're always welcome to get in touch with us if you have ideas for improvement or things you'd like to see us cover or if you'd be interested in contributing.
  2. cookestudios

Review: Canon EOS M5 by DPReview

I'm an editor at Fstoppers and I can assure you that the camera gear review game is not the biased manufacturer-pleasing game some people think it is. It does us no good to undermine our credibility in the long run.
  3. cookestudios

5D4 Phantom Battery Drain

Hey everyone, With my 1DX2 and 6D (and previous 5D3), I could leave batteries in the camera and pick it up days later without any substantial discharge. However, with the 5D4, after two days or so, my battery is often half-depleted. Has anyone else experienced this?
  4. cookestudios

Which Canon lens is most in need of updating.

Have you used the Tamrom 28-300 at all? It's no L glass, but I was pleasantly surprised for what it is.
  5. cookestudios

Which Canon lens is most in need of updating.

I think the lenses most in *need* of an update are: 1. 85L (autofocus really needs to be modernized) 2. 50 f/1.4 3. TS-E 45/90 (both could use sharpness on par with the 17 and 24)
  6. cookestudios

Anything shot with a 5D4

From my fresh 5D4 :)
  7. cookestudios

Fuji announces medium format mirrorless range

$2 is not well below $0, and 2/0 is not infinity; it's indeterminate. The best we can say is that the limit of 2/x as x approaches zero from the right is infinity. ;) p.s. Sorry, you activated the math geek.
  8. cookestudios

Major League

You can see all the equipment and settings by clicking the Flickr links.
  9. cookestudios

Review: Pentax K-1 sensor > 5D4 sensor

Right, exactly. I used my 5D3 happily (and dare I say enthusiastically) until I upgraded to the 5D4. Was I occasionally annoyed by the limited DR and file latitude? Yes. Did it ever stop me from getting a job done? Of course not.
  10. cookestudios

Review: Pentax K-1 sensor > 5D4 sensor

Having reviewed the K-1 and owning the 5D4, I'm not surprised, but the point for me is that with Canon's extensive glass ecosystem, they're narrowed the gap enough that the remaining difference is outweighed by the positives of the Canon system and doesn't inhibit or bother me the way it used...
  11. cookestudios

Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 Sport vs. 400 f/2.8L IS Mark I

All correct, yes, and you're absolutely right about the need. However, I'm more curious about shooting experiences; there are ups and downs to both for me, and I can make either work, so I'm looking for some more input.
  12. cookestudios

I need 400, but the Sigma is known to take a 1.4x teleconverter well.
  13. cookestudios

Hey all, Long story short: I need a long, fast lens both for horse shows and classical music concerts (where it's dark, but I can't close to the stage). I'm between the Sigma 120-300 Sport and the first version of 400L IS. Has anyone used both or even just one and have an opinion? The weight of...
  14. cookestudios

A Canon DSLR First Coming to EOS 5D Mark IV [CR2]

If not the built-in RT master, maybe the automatic AFMA ala the Nikon D5. That would be pretty nice.
  15. cookestudios

Rollei

My favorite camera. I used it constantly in Paris.
  16. cookestudios

Canon to Release Super Telephoto Zoom in 2016 [CR2]

Ah, missed that. Thanks for pointing it out.
  17. cookestudios

Yes, I'm aware of that. Typically, when people refer to the "size" of an aperture, they're referring to its transmission capabilities; thus, I was addressing that.
  18. cookestudios

5.6 is only a third of a stop faster than those companies' offerings that max out at 6.3.
  19. cookestudios

The Follow-Up to the EOS 5D Mark III Will be Called...... [CR2]

I'm pretty sure it was an April Fools' Day joke; notice how he said "the embargo ends tomorrow," aka April 1.
  20. cookestudios

Canon EF 200mm f/2L IS USM

Both shot wide open