Search results

1. R

Industry News: Fujifilm officially announces the X-T4

I shoot weddings. No need to argue every positive and negative of every camera maker, or who "wins". I simply want dual cards on a reasonably priced (under $2K) mirrorless. Is that too much to ask for?
  2. R

Industry News: Fujifilm officially announces the X-T4

I'm really sad that Canon can't seem to make a reasonably priced dual-card mirrorless camera. Same for Nikon. Meanwhile Fujifilm and Sony both offer really good dual-card cameras for under $2K.
  3. R

Here is the Canon EOS R5, official development announcement soon.

I am sad. This camera is going to be great. But the specs suggest that it will be priced very high, probably in the price range of the A7Riv and A9ii. So that means that the only two R cameras that I could afford (the R and RP) will be without dual cards. Canon will still have no dual-card...
  4. R

Canon again mentions a Pro EOS R body, with IBIS and dual card slots

The R should have had dual slots. Come on Canon, dual slots are not some high end feature. Sony offers dual slots in the A7iii. Fuji offers dual slots in their X-T3.
  5. R

Canon EOS R “One YEAR Later” REVIEW…does it hold up?

I would probably be shooting weddings with two R cameras if it had dual memory cards. With only a single card, it scares the bejeezus out of me!
  6. R

Canon EOS R “One YEAR Later” REVIEW…does it hold up?

The R is a very good camera, but he makes some valid points.
  7. R

Fisheye Hemi: Defishing software V2 out now.

This is a great tool. Looks like version 2 is out for Photoshop only, not yet for Lightroom. I hope the Lightroom version gets updated too.
  8. R

Canon increased its global market share of still cameras in 2018

It's funny how we keep hearing Canon is doomed and ... meanwhile ... Canon is increasing its market share.
  9. R

Canon’s roadmap for 2019, included an EOS R camera that no one is expecting? [CR2]

That is appropriately titled as a troll rant. I have no idea what your problems with any cameras are. I did gather, however, you feel that many people are idiots.
  10. R

Art Morris very vocal move from Canon to Nikon (an update)

When he moved from Canon to Nikon, he posted a photo of a large bird taking off from a rock and claimed it could only be captured with his new Nikon. Because a bird taking off from a rock is impossible to photograph with any Canon! Ridiculous.
  11. R

Canon EOS RP Specifications & Images

Hooray for the size & weight!!! So good to have a lighter full frame option.
  12. R

Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 IS USM coming in 2019? [CR1]

I too have the Tamron 85mm VC. I'd call that one too damn sharp too. It's sometimes very unkind to people's complexion (but usually good).
  13. R

Review: Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L USM

The lens looks very big because it is very big, not just because the camera is small.
  14. R

Review: Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L USM

That is a surprise. He seems to find complaints and issues with everything.
  15. R

Real world review: Canon EOS R by Fro

That's ok. Reasonably-priced lenses that you have zero use for will meet the needs of other people.
  16. R

SHOTEN releases a complete series of Canon RF Lens mount adaptors

This is great. It opens up a whole world of old lenses for the R camera.
  17. R

Did you know that you can skip ahead on YouTube ... right to the end of the video where there's usually a conclusion? Or that you can increase the playback speed? It's easy.
  18. R

First, the R is better than the A7 III in a bunch of ways, especially ergonomics and EVF and higher res sensor. Second, you fail at basic math; it's not 25% more. Third, the whole huge EF system works with the new R camera, so "not much of a system" is not a big deal.
  19. R

Is the RF 35mm f/1.8 lens "insanely expensive" for you?
  20. R

Two Canon EOS R series bodies coming in 2019 [CR2]

What are you talking about? Professionals make money. Making more money by way of new and improved products is highly professional. They are in a competitive marketplace where you make money or you disappear. Greed has nothing to do with it.