Search results

1. ExodistPhotography

Correction: Canon is bringing us an RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM Macro

f/7.1 Wow.. Only way I would consider this lens is if it was razor sharp wide open.. But I highly doubt it..
  2. ExodistPhotography

Skylum Software announces the development of AirMagic, software dedicated to drone photography

Skylum promises 2019, expect it early 2022.. They have became notorious at not delivering anywhere close to on time or as promised..
  3. ExodistPhotography

We’ve returned to the 26.2mp sensor in the EOS RP

While I do not expect amazing things, it should at least be a good upgrade path for someone wanting mirrorless and upgrade from APS-C. If it is using 6D2's sensor, I hope it is at least improved some. That said I will reserve judgement before I have had my hands on it.
  4. ExodistPhotography

Here’s the Canon EOS R with battery grip in the wild

Thats not the camera.. Notice the Mode Dial on it.. Also that looks like Ken Wheeler...
  5. ExodistPhotography

Adobe is Preparing a Major Performance Update to Lightroom Classic CC

Exactly.. That said, I would not worry to much about it. The biggest issue was that the code could be run on the computers via Javascript. Which was resolved with a browser update long before most people even knew the problems existed. Myself personally, I feel I got a better chance of being...
  6. ExodistPhotography

AMD Ryzen is great for rendering work loads. But that is it.. Its slower for everything else. Everything else being actually using most programs. Most task in software does not use multi-threading, or better way to put it. They do not use multi-threading correctly in a way to make use of its...
  7. ExodistPhotography

Not sure if Adobe is trying to save face.. But 10% really.. Even 30% increase in speed is laughable when you consider how slow it has become. I will hold my judgement until the patch hits my computers. Right now working in Lr is painfully slow even on new hardware. My laptop is a i7 7700...
  8. ExodistPhotography

Is a Super35 Mirrorless Camera Coming?

No.. There is no market for it..
  9. ExodistPhotography

Sundance 2018 Infographic: What Was the Most Popular Gear Used for the Films?

This Tangerine color on Blue gives me a headache to look at..
  10. ExodistPhotography

Photoshop Releases Version 19.1 With Selections Improvements, Advanced Support for Windows High-Dens

Re: Photoshop Releases Version 19.1 With Selections Improvements, Advanced Support for Windows High- Yet nothing about fixing Lightroom CCC performance (aka lack there of.) :-/ Joe is clearly not impressed. Since the last update, all my computers from my old 2012 Mac Mini, to my recent...
  11. ExodistPhotography

Do You Want to Take Your Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Apart?

1DX II to vlog? ::) Useless, half the folks watching his videos are watching them on a smartphone while sitting on a crapper.. The rest of us don't watch him.. He is a prime example of more money then brains..
  12. ExodistPhotography

Canon EOS 7D Mark III to Have Slight Crop in 4K [CR2]

If there is a crop its due to pixel binning, for example if it goes 28 or 30 MP there will have to be binning at the 24MP level. Would not really impact any performance enough to complain. Now if its motion jpeg, then thats a real reason to complain. I can understand 30FPS to keep from it...
  13. ExodistPhotography

I'm making a 4:4:4/4:2:2 16/14/12/10-bit codec for Canon DSLR's

LOL the OP has likely never taken computer programming or know anything about the hardware in a camera. You can not make hardware do something with software that it was not built to do. It would be like trying to dig a hole in the ground with a pogo stick..
  14. ExodistPhotography

Canon XC15 Style Camera Coming with EF Mount? [CR2]

Guess they realized the main reason no one wanted one at that price point is that people wanted interchangeable lenses. Seriously if anyone wanted to be stuck with a single lens then the Sony AX100 was a more affordable option and has same sensor size. But very few will pay $2000 USD for a...
  15. ExodistPhotography

I doubt this is even [CR1] but I guess it starts somewhere - 7D3 specs?

28MP Sensor seems very likely, but 30 seems to large of a jump. Even if Canon could, they would still want to milk the market a bit longer. Plus it would still be high MP for an APS-C sensor. They are going to have to work on the cleaner sensor noise without a doubt.. 4k-30p with a 1.4x?? This...
  16. ExodistPhotography

Kickstarter: KOBRA Flash Modifier System

Oh god I hate Gary Fong, he is such a jerk. Sorry off topic, just had to point that out.. That said, save your money. When it comes to softness, size and distance matters. The only reason some of the photos appear softer is that the kobra is sending light out in every direction and some of it...
  17. ExodistPhotography

Tamron Announces the Development of the 100-400mm F/4.5-6.3 Di VC USD

This could be a very interesting lens to consider. Sigma IMHO is almost always in some degree optically better then Canon and Tamron, however their extreme hit and miss with focusing on Canon bodies has had me sell almost all of my Sigma lenses. Tamron with its G2 series has honestly become on...
  18. ExodistPhotography

Canon Announces Its Newest Professional 4K HDR Reference Display Featuring Stable High-Luminance And

Re: Canon Announces Its Newest Professional 4K HDR Reference Display Featuring Stable High-Luminance For 20k dollars they could have at least released it at a 27" model..
  19. ExodistPhotography

Sigma To Offer Installation of Rear Filter Holder for 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art Lens

They have no excuse either. Others beat me to it on the fotodiox solution. But that solution for example was what I was talking about the focusing ring being hidden when using the filter system. As far as a one hour design, for something that simple. If it takes you longer then that to come...
  20. ExodistPhotography

Sigma To Offer Installation of Rear Filter Holder for 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art Lens

Like others have mentioned, this should have been standard at the start of shipping. As someone who has worked with CAD software like Solidworks and as a mechanical engineer. Yea this would have been no more then an hour of someones time at most. Actually only 5 mins of their time, the other 55...