Search results

1. D

Canon EOS R1 Specifications [CR2]

Oh look....another guy unaware that cameras have more than one spec.
  2. D

Canon EOS R1 Specifications [CR2]

The decision to not go with a high resolution sensor makes me think that the R3 was indeed originally going to be the R1, but they didn't feel it matched up to other flagship offerings.
  3. D

Skylum to fulfill new vision for Luminar Neo with Extensions, including Noiseless AI, which is very cool

I have yet to see noise reduction software that I prefer to just accepting the noise and keeping the detail.
  4. D

Canon to release an RF 5.2mm f/2.8L next?

It can take a picture of the back of your head.
  5. D

Canon registers a new RF mount lens

Yes! I guess that lens was never a big seller since Canon seems to keep their macro lenses 100mm and below. I think a 200mm f/4 macro lens would be great.
  6. D

The Canon EOS R3 will be $5999 USD

Oh that must be why you said:
  7. D

Here's the dollar/yen chart for the last 5 years. Where is the dollar dropping like a rock?
  8. D

That makes a lot of sense to me. But then they went ahead and priced it so close to the A1. And as others have mentioned, what will the R1 cost?! Very strange.
  9. D

Update: The Canon EOS R3 will be officially announced on June 29th

Canon is a for-profit company. If they decided to stop producing DSLRs it’s because they have determined the market HAS chosen. It may not be YOUR choice, but thems the breaks. Look at Sony. The A-mount was never a huge seller (I know, fixed mirror). Suddenly they launch the E-mount and they’re...
  10. D

Patent: Canon RF 35mm f/1.2L USM as well as an RF 24mm f/1.2L USM and RF 28mm f/1.2L USM

It probably just means that ultra wide aperture lenses are not easy to have lens stabilization. When the 85mm f/1.4 IS came out, Canon made a big deal about how challenging it was to design.
  11. D

Here is the Canon EOS R3

I'll take 2!
  12. D

Patent: Fast prime lenses for curved image sensors

It seems like a curved sensor is a perfect match for a fixed lens camera. Get it done, Canon!
  13. D

Canon to announce two new cameras this week? [CR2]

Well that came out of nowhere.
  14. D

Deal of the Day: Profoto A1X Flash and Trigger $795 (Reg $995)

Still not much of a deal.
  15. D

Industry News: Sony announces their new flagship camera, the alpha a1

Not gonna lie, it sounds amazing.
  16. D

Quad-Pixel AF and a global shutter coming in 2021?

I'd be surprised if the camera had 8K. The 1D body has always prioritized FPS, and 8K resolution would limit that.
  17. D

An update on the Canon 2021 roadmap [CR2]

CanonWatch will have to update his article!