Search results

1. Michael Clark

Canon EOS R1 Specifications [CR2]

Au contraire! The 1D X series has never been "high resolution". The 1Ds series, on the other hand, were the highest resolution ILCs in Canon's catalog from the time the 1Ds was introduced in 2002 until the 1Ds Mark III was discontinued in 2012. Not coincidentally the same year the 18 MP 1D X...
  2. Michael Clark

Canon EOS R1 prototypes are in the wild [CR3]

It probably doesn't. But canon always seems to put something in the sauce that gives images from 1-series bodies better color and S/N ratio than very similar sensors in other Canon bodies.
  3. Michael Clark

Welcome to the 21st Century, where not raving that something is the greatest thing in the world since sliced bread is now a "bias" against anything someone else likes.
  4. Michael Clark

Current price for an R3? Or projected price for the R1 at introduction?
  5. Michael Clark

Who cares if the formulae for RF lenses are similar to the EF versions of the best SuperTelephoto lenses in the world, or of shorter RF lenses plus an extender group? They're not identical and have almost certainly been tweaked to be optimized for that single focal length, rather than for a...
  6. Michael Clark

Petapixel Predictions on the Canon R1

Canon's dominance of the sports/action "niche" since the mid-1990s is based almost entirely on their early introduction of USM in 1987 with the EF 300mm f/2.8 L USM and its superior speed, accuracy, and near-silent Ultra-Sonic Motor over Nikon's body based, slow and noisy, screw drive AF motor...
  7. Michael Clark

Canon not going global shutter with next round of EOS R camera bodies

Well, 1/80,000 is considerably shorter than 1/4,000. It's only 5% as long.
  8. Michael Clark

I don't do much video other than occasionally for personal use. I do sometimes build computers for gamers. 1080p or 1440p means 1080 or 1440 lines of resolution, counted from top to bottom, that are scanned progressively (as opposed to 1080i for the old interlaced scan method of broadcast TV)...
  9. Michael Clark

Smartphone Cameras Will Be Superior to SLRs by 2024, Says Sony CEO

Yes. Yes, I am. [In the spirit of the old trope used in a TOS episode of Star Trek to defeat an army of robots: "Everything I say is a lie. I'm lying."]
  10. Michael Clark

*Quotes have been truncated for length and clarity
  11. Michael Clark

High-resolution EOS R Camera, Where are you?

If one stop is the difference between 1/500 and 1/1000 it's the difference between noticeable blur in the hands and feet or not for many sports.
  12. Michael Clark

Does Sony now also use the same nomenclature? 240P instead of 240fps? For a long time 240p would have been understood to mean 240 lines of resolution, rather than 240 fps.
  13. Michael Clark

You've said many times that I'm never wrong. Who am I to disagree?
  14. Michael Clark

I don't follow what you are getting at here?
  15. Michael Clark

Ok. I've never noticed that usage before. I guess there wasn't room on the screen in the menus to put fps so they decided to use "P" (notice it is capitalized in the camera menu displays) instead. It seems to mean "frames per second" in this context, rather than "progressive scan", though, as...
  16. Michael Clark

Back in my younger days I had 20/15 with RGP contact lenses.
  17. Michael Clark

Yes. But what you said was 240p at 1080p, not 240fps at 1080p.
  18. Michael Clark

Quad Pixel Autofocus is ready for production [CR1]

Is Kai back at Digital Rev? Didn't he leave them several years ago?
  19. Michael Clark

I think you meant 240fps at 1080p?