Search results

1. reef58

Will the EF 500mm f/4L IS USM II replacement for the RF mount be a zoom?

This is the lens I am waiting for if it turns out to be true. Let's just hope we keep drop in filters.
  2. reef58

It’s here, Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8L IS USM officially announced

You have to buy the filters, which are unique in size for this lens. Then you have to carry other sized filters for your other lenses, not to mention the care and cleaning with such a large filter. The drop in is a size and convenience plus for sure. I wasn't overly excited about this one...
  3. reef58

It’s time to fill those memory cards. Canon releases firmware v1.8.1 for the Canon EOS R5. 400mp stills are now possible

You can look at it as a 3 year old camera, or you can look at it as a brand new in the box latest version for sale at this point. It depends on your perspective. The R5 is Canon's current model at its range. I own an R5 and they have done a lot firmware wise. It would not bother me if they...
  4. reef58

It’s time to fill those memory cards. Canon releases firmware v1.8.1 for the Canon EOS R5. 400mp stills are now possible

I don't disagree, but a couple of examples are a bit odd to me. I own the 1dx3 and it is a great solid camera, which Canon calls their flagship. Unfortunately Canon has rendered it near the bottom of their line up feature wise. I am kinda okay with that, but it is still for sale at $6500. It...
  5. reef58

I think it is because of the hype dealer meetings rumors etc for this update
  6. reef58

A new super telephoto lens will be announced soon

It does matter. Of course I want good cheap lenses, but I also more importantly want a company that will be around in 20 years to service and support the gear I have. If they are losing cash hand over fist will they be around? If you look at the actual figures Nikon is not grow, but rather...
  7. reef58

A new super telephoto lens will be announced soon

All the while Nikon continues to bleed market share. I get your point great cheap lenses are nice, but it seems they don't keep the lights on.
  8. reef58

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM and Canon Speedlite EL-5

The USD is at a very high level right now compared to the Yen.
  9. reef58

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM and Canon Speedlite EL-5

I think the ocean is full from all of the threatened ship jumpers. I think you are missing the point. If an R6 is worth $2500 why isn't the R62 worth $2500?
  10. reef58

Here is the Canon EOS R6 Mark II & Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM

It is tough with an L Bracket though.
  11. reef58

Here is the Canon EOS R6 Mark II & Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM

Username checks out with post content
  12. reef58

The Canon EOS R6 Mark II will be announced on November 2, 2022

Well if someone wants to buy a camera why not go for the MK2 over the MK1 at the same price? I guess I don't follow your point.
  13. reef58

Canon EOS R6 Mark II – Here are some more specifications

Yes. I have camera function to 1) one shot AV and ISO100, other custom modes are mammal oriented TV and bird oriented TV. For video I use Custom 3 as 120p, custom 2 as HQ 4k and custom 1 as canon log. It eliminates the menu dives.
  14. reef58

Nikon Releases Z 800mm at 1/3 Cost of Canon’s

6 Months ago everyone was covering Nikon with dirt, now they are the greatest since sliced bread. It is fine and dandy to get cheaper gear, but if camera companies don't make enough profit to make it worth while they will throw in the towel. Be careful in hoping for a race to the bottom. If...
  15. reef58

That’s all folks, for me anyway. Canon Rumors will live on.

I missed all of the drama, and happy I did. I certainly can understand a site like this taking a toll. If it is not fun anymore it is time to move on. Great site. I hope it continues.
  16. reef58

Free Canon Stuff For Youtube Subscribers

I would not seeing a winner coming from Canon Rumors.
  17. reef58

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R5 C

I did not. Rejoice.
  18. reef58

What’s next for the Canon Cinema EOS line?

I like an EVF, Some have no use for any EVF. It makes a different rig to add an EVF to a C70. You need external power and with the Gratical SDI.
  19. reef58

What’s next for the Canon Cinema EOS line?

If the C70 had a EVF I would order one for sure. Agree 100%
  20. reef58

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R5 C

That is a good point, but the cinema camera have lots of programable buttons for one tough high frame rate ect.