Search results

1. C

DPReview: Canon EOS R vs Nikon Z 6 vs Sony a7 III, which is best?

While not evaluating the review's merits, yet another reason to shake your head at the decision to cancel or stall DSLR and EF lens development. I would have done both simultaneously, while perhaps reducing model count on the DSLR side other than on the high end.
  2. C

DPReview: Canon EOS R vs Nikon Z 6 vs Sony a7 III, which is best?

You had a bit of a point, and then you went off the deep end. You are horribly, pathetically, wrong about the comment that sent you off that deep end. Claiming someone "has an agenda" in no way, shape, or form comes anywhere close to libel. Claiming that "it appears that they were paid off"...
  3. C

Canon RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS to come before EF version [CR2]

Good grief. Read the range again on the lens I mentioned. That's 15, as in fifteen, to 85, as in eighty five. 18 on the wide end is no substitute for 15, and 55 on the long end is nowhere near 85. And that's EF-S for APS-C DSLRs. I did not say anything about the M camera which is also...
  4. C

Let's just take one lens to shred your position, the EF-S 15-85mm IS zoom. Super versatile walk around lens for APS-C. How old is that lens? You really think it's delivering adequate optical quality for even 24 MP?? What about the next step in APS-C, which is likely to be 28 to 32 MP?? Even...
  5. C

Thanks for pointing out your real world experience with what I saw as obvious. The smaller size body and grip do not work well with any large L lens. I had the 5D III and then upgraded to the 5DsR, and so far I can carry it around by the grip on hikes and shorter walks (I've never liked the...
  6. C

I'm with you Bob, another horrible and idiotic idea if they are delaying or cancelling any EF lenses. Seems you are one of the few who sees this accurately. I don't know exactly what people in this forum are thinking cheering this on. Among one of the more ridiculous comments right here was...
  7. C

Two Canon EOS R series bodies coming in 2019 [CR2]

Actually, I'm not surprised at all. Canon Rumors threads can be contentious, and I'm fully aware of my very blunt communication style. I'm merely refuting the over the top reply. It's interesting that "scyrene", who took issue with my other comments, points out that the assumed cost and...
  8. C

What size is the EOS R compared to the current 5D models? The Sonys are even smaller. Do you expect a mirrorless 5D replacement to keep the same size? Based on the R, I doubt it. If the same size is kept, then my comments about size would not apply. I've had at least 6 different Canon...
  9. C

1. Actually, it is 100% factually accurate that men have larger hands and stronger upper bodies than women. There are exceptions of course, and there is a reason an episode of Seinfeld featured a woman with "man hands". If your definition of "not sexist" means pretending men and women are the...
  10. C

You personally know several pros who switched?? Really??? And just how are these pros dealing with Sony's horrid reliability issues, and lack of service anywhere near what Canon provides?? Do they have a half dozen of them on hand for when they break? You mention one of them being a woman...
  11. C

NO, moving the 5DsR II to the gimmick/trend of mirrorless would NOT be ideal. As I said in the other thread, this would be a horrible idea, and would only benefit people with dainty hands and/or weak arms. You lose OVF, battery life, and a properly sized body for balanced use with large L...
  12. C

Is the Canon EOS 5DS series to be replaced by a mirrorless camera? [CR1]

Like for the first paragraph. Tell me about or show us all examples of your claim in the last 2 sentences. Also tell me what you're looking at your images on and what zoom level. I have a 43 inch 4K Philips monitor, and I don't see any problems with my 5DsR images, even after some modest...
  13. C

Absolutely not! Do you have dainty hands and/or weak arms? Mirrorless only offers smaller size and lighter weight. If you're worried about vibrations from the mirror there is the mirror lock up option already in place. (And in many if not most instances that tiny bit of vibration makes no...
  14. C

One of the most bizarre comments I've ever seen on here. I don't know what you're reviewing your pictures on, or how you're post processing them from camera, or what your eyesight is like, or what sort of vision processing is going on in your brain. (I do see "EOS 77D" under your profile...
  15. C

Horrible, horrible, stupid idea. I have zero interest in mirrorless cameras, period. Having seen the tiny little Sonys in the flesh, they appear to be made for small Asian women's hands, actually. The Canon EOS R is larger, but still much smaller than my 5DsR. The 5DsR fits my hands, and...
  16. C

Canon EOS R visual size comparison against the Sony A7 III and Nikon Z6

I wouldn't feel bad at all there Mark. If you've got man hands, that dainty little Sony is a joke. I have zero interest in any of these smaller cameras (5D size or similar fits my hands well), but it appears Canon made far better ergonomic choices than Sony.
  17. C

The 5DsR mk2

I use my 5DsR handheld much of the time. I also use a tripod at times. The same rules apply as with other cameras and shooting situations. The longer the exposure, the more likely you need a tripod. I use nothing but L glass, and newer versions when I can. When using IS lenses in bright...
  18. C

Hands on Field Test of the Canon EOS 6D Mark II

I would say this convinces me more than ever that Canon has too many camera models. At least because they appear to have a strong desire to differentiate them for various reasons, such that certain models get certain handicaps. Presumably they opted to hamstring the 6D II in some ways so as...
  19. C

Review - Do You Need or Want 50mp? Canon EOS 5DS R

Having owned and used the 5DS R for over 10 months now, I can tell you that the 50+ MPs are glorious! I also think the negatives have been overstated. I will agree that this is not the ideal low light camera or a big step forward in video recording. Beyond that, the picture quality on a large...