Search results

1. A

Why has Canon omitted 24p 4K recording in their new cameras such as the EOS M6 Mark II, EOS 90D and EOS RP?

Here's the real reason. I work in Hollywood on mostly indie to low budget films. Many are shot on Sony A7's, 5D's, 1DXMII, and Yes the Canon 80D...and in 24 fps. If the budget is a little bigger for a Canon C300MKII or C200 or Sony FS5 -7...etc....then they will use those. But many times the...
  2. A

Is the Canon EOS RP the next camera up?

Probably will leave out 120fps at 720p on a lesser model. Other features left out like peaking, less auto-focus functions, display shutting off when using HDMI. (stays on now, like when using an external Atomos recorder).
  3. A

Canon officially announces the C700 Full Frame

Depending on the shoot, I often shoot 60p with a 1/60 shutter. It makes it look more cinematic with more motion blur. 60, 90 and 120 are all exceptable shutter speeds to shoot with when shooting 60p. Similar to The Hobbit being filmed at 48fps with a 72 shutter. All divisable by 12, 24 and 48...
  4. A

Canon announces the CN-E20mm T1.5 L F lens

It's called Sigma if you want that....
  5. A

Canon officially announces the C700 Full Frame

Heck yeah, finally! I think I'll get one. My new A cam, my C300 MKII can be my B cam now. Why so many negative comments? Geez....people are so jaded these days.
  6. A

An Update on Canon's NAB 2018 Announcements [CR3]

From what Canon actually told me in person is the C300 MKII boards they put in it can't handle 4k 60p, so if it was going to get the new Canon RAW that the C200 has, they would need to put new boards in it. So that is my prediction that the C300 MKII will be offered an upgrade for new boards...
  7. A

New 4K ILC Coming From Canon in 2018, Not Cinema EOS [CR2]

It will have an ND filter of it it is like the XC series, they have a built in ND. Heck, the new XF400 have them now.
  8. A

New Cinema EOS Camera Coming to NAB 2018 (CR3]

Look forward to a C500 MK II. I imagine it will be closer to a RED cine cam with internal recording for RAW weather it be RAW Light or Regular RAW, but on C-Fast Cards instead of a MAG like a RED MAG. And with external recording options through HDMI and SDI. Canon prob going head to head with a...
  9. A

Review: Canon EOS M100 by TDP

The Canon M100 is a great little camera. I consider it to be a mini Canon 80D, especially for video. I just did an initial video test with it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhDJuxfPP0w More test coming soon... Cheers....Alan
  10. A

Dr. Marten's and the Canon C300 Mark II

Heres a video I just did with my Canon C300 Mark II with the 18-80 cinema zoom for Dr. Marten's Shoes. "Living Life with my Dr. Marten's": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHNsBmXPWc8 Enjoy, Cheers...
  11. A

Canon Cinema EOS C200 Pics Leak Ahead of Announcement

I like it. If they put 4k 60p in this little sucker and not add it to the C300 MKII, I might get a bit pissed. Lol. But this will be perfect to compete with the FS5 and FS7. $8999-$9999 would be a good price point.
  12. A

Images of the CN-E 70-200mm T4.4 Leak Out Ahead of Tomorrow's Announcement

Very nice. I have the 18-80 cinema zoom and it is awesome. Better than the L Series lenses. This should be just as good as the 18-80. F4 some of you don't like about it, but it still produces a nice bokeh. Cinema glass makes a difference on some productions.
  13. A

Canon C300 Mark II 4K 60p firmware update at NAB 2017?

For any of you C300 Mk II users/owners as I am, do you think or hope or want a firmware update near or at NAB 2017 that will include 4k 60p? In DCI or UHD...either would be nice. That is my hope. Got to keep up with the competition at this point. I believe it would helps sales also. If the...
  14. A

What Will Canon Be Bringing to NAB 2017?

For any of you C300 Mk II users/owners as I am, do you think or hope or want a firmware update near or at NAB 2017 that will include 4k 60p? In DCI or UHD...either would be nice. That is my hope. Got to keep up with the competition at this point. I believe it would helps sales also. If the...
  15. A

Canon Announces the XC15 4K UHD Video Camcorder

On the Canon website price says $2399 for the new XC15. B&H no price set yet.
  16. A

Canon Announces the XC15 4K UHD Video Camcorder

Haha, slow access to the ISO??? C'mon. There is an option in the menu to set the ISO on the wheel. Here's 2 video's I did about how easy the menu is to navigate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwTpBQ5hao0 And this one I did just about the XC10's ISO adjustment...
  17. A

Canon XC15 Images Leak Out Ahead of Launch

Yes! I too was hoping for a constant f2.8 on an updated model. But if they stuffed an APS-C sensor in this puppy, I'm all in. I have the XC10 and I call it my super 16 cinema cam. That's pretty much what it is...
  18. A

Canon Announces the EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR

I think I will wait for a new 1DC Mark II...All I'm interested in is video.