Search results

1. R

Here is the Canon EOS R3

No specs? Canon is doomed™
  2. R

Two more RF mount lenses could be coming in 2019 [CR2]

Not sure what exactly your point is but if my assumption's correct, then I don't see any problem with a 100mm front element if the inherent design of the RF mount allows placement of most of the elements closer to the sensor for better weight distribution, not to mention that it is certainly...
  3. R

Two more RF mount lenses could be coming in 2019 [CR2]

Looking at the new RF 70-200F2.8L, I do think an 100-400 F4L constant is possible. now the question is, would they make one?
  4. R

Canon EOS RP body price confirmed at $1299 USD, and we’re very happy about it

Just imagine a year after its release, this Camera will be sold in great bundles at an extremely bargain price. I can see it, the EOS RP will essentially put Canon at the top of the Full Frame MILC market share soon.
  5. R

Canon EOS R body with more than 75mp on the horizon [CR2]

So, how would they name it? EOS RDs? RDs R? Rs? RsR? RR?
  6. R

Canon RF 24mm f/1.2L & RF 85mm f/1.2L in the works [CR1]

At F1.2 you get -6 EV AF sensitivity in low light with an EOS R. I'm not sure if future RF bodies would get even better but right now this is a serious advantage in the Canon MILC line.
  7. R

My apologies for not being clear there. What I mean is that Canon is producing "killer" lenses that may never be found on Sony's or Nikon's mirrorless systems. As much as the Sony fanboys outside this forum would deny, We all know Sony couldn't come up with their own AF F1.2 primes due to the...
  8. R

Despite all the flak that their bodies have been receiving over the past few years, They're killing it with the lenses, and have been making other brand shooters salivate in envy. Seems to me that the first main focus of the RF system would be fast lenses that cannot be seen off brand. It...
  9. R

Flagship EOS R camera coming in February ahead of CP+? [CR1]

I never said Full sensor readout in 4K. It could be line skipped 4K like what they are doing in 1080p. that's not that difficult for canon to do however i will also not conclude right away that Canon cannot bring full sensor readout 4K in their next camera. There could be a prototype in their...
  10. R

Flagship EOS R camera coming in February ahead of CP+? [CR1]

My guess is that this will be a hybrid 5Ds and 5IV type. All EOS R goodies + dual card slot (CFast 2+ SD) and filterless 50MP sensor with joystick and extra buttons and a fully weathersealed body worthy of 1D/5D build quality.. it will record 4K video for sure, and will have a new 50mp sensor...
  11. R

Is there an EOS R series camera with an APS-C sensor coming? [CR1]

An EOS R with 80D sensor would be great. but I hope they give it at least 10fps burst speed.
  12. R

Review: Canon EOS R by Peter McKinnon

I saw this coming, he enjoys his Canon gear alot, even the 6D which he uses for vlog, so it only makes sense that he would instantly grab one. And I expect soon that there will be youtube channels like Tony Northrup starting to eat their words as well and adding the EOS R to their daily kit just...
  13. R

Industry News: Sony Expands Full-Frame Lens Lineup with Launch of 24mm F1.4 G Master™ Prime

They had to do everything they can while the RF system is still reeling from its early growing pains because once the Canon ML system finally matures, history might repeat again. However they are heavily marketing their new lens as ~200G lighter than competition, well, 24 1.4 II is almost a...
  14. R

A pair of 24-70mm f/2.8L IS lenses coming in 2019? [CR2]

I wonder if they would implement a 5 stop correction to this lens like they did with the RF24-105. it's about time they standardize it across all their lenses.
  15. R

Canon PowerShot SX70 HS Images and Specifications

A 60x zoom camera with that sensor size will be several times more expensive and several times bigger/heavier or, it would only have 20-30x zoom for the same size.
  16. R

Sigma to announce 5 new lenses shortly, including a new 70-200mm f/2.8 OS Sport & 60-600mm f/4.5-6.3 OS Sport

Just to be clear, are you saying that Canon Lenses won't display correction and Metadata settings when used on EF mount Black Magic and Panasonic (or even RED) video cameras?
  17. R

Sigma to announce 5 new lenses shortly, including a new 70-200mm f/2.8 OS Sport & 60-600mm f/4.5-6.3 OS Sport

Not sure that's possible, Canon licenses their EF mounts to body makers like BlackMagic and Panasonic, but I don't think they ever licensed the EF mount to lens manufacturers. Did Zeiss licensed their ZE/Milvus (one that had electronic contacts) from Canon? or they just simply reverse engineered...
  18. R

So that is the new Bigma It would be nice if they could reverse engineer the RF mount and make versions of these compatible straight to the EOS R system.
  19. R

Breaking down the latest Canon gear to appear for certification

There's nothing stopping Zeiss from supporting RF. the thing is they never made AF lenses for EF! An Otus Prime that works for both Z and RF mount is not going to be far fetched. it will have the best image quality and will cost a fortune but that's what Zeiss has been for decades or even...
  20. R

Lots of New mirrorless and DSLR cameras in the pipeline

It seems to me Canon is slowly relegating EF mount into entry level and low mid end range while the more expensive models go to RF mirrorless. it makes a sense since EOS R can use any EF lenses in addition to its superior RF line. an RF-mount 26MP sounds like a lower tier EOS R to me with no...