Search results

1. melgross

Canon Patent Application: More Quad Pixel Applications Emerge

I don’t know how thick the mechanics for it are with Canon, but for the much smaller sensor, Apple and I assume others, have gotten 3D IBIS into their phones. How does the thickness scale up? That’s the question.
  2. melgross

Canon not going global shutter with next round of EOS R camera bodies

Well, your post is certainly troll-like. These are business decisions more than technology ones. Sony sees its sales lead in mirrorless slipping away, so they come up with this. Is it nice to have? Sure. Is it necessary for the large majority of users? No. If the limitations for it that we see...
  3. melgross

Opinion: The USB-C DSLR problem isn’t as bad as you think

Yes they were. I had them from the early 1990s.
  4. melgross

I was talking about the Mac interfaces. I was there when it all happened. I remember it quite well. No, it had major problems until Win 98 rev. 3, after the iMac came out.
  5. melgross

Intel and Microsoft could not get USB to work until after the iMac came out and shamed them into it. USB was supposed to work with Win 95. But it didn’t. It didn’t work with Win 98 either until after Apple’s use, the third iteration of Win 98 finally had most of the problems worked out. FireWire...
  6. melgross

Canon RF 24-105mm f/2.8L IS USM Z to be announced this week

And supposedly, their last roadmap.
  7. melgross

Canon Inc. releases Q3 2023 Financial Results

Canon is doomed.
  8. melgross

SmallRig Introduces SmallRig x Brandon Li Mobile Video Kit for iPhone 15 Pro Max Co-Design Edition

I’d love to see a comparison between this and the Beastcage. Both are very similar in concept and size. If both hold lenses precisely then I’d be very interested. But neither are available yet (for the 15 Pro and Pro Max for the Beastcage). I’ve had a lot of different lenses for my iPhones over...
  9. melgross

Opinion: Canon’s mounting woes

No, not quite. No company satisfies everyone. That’s impossible. Even monopolies such as Microsoft have problems with customer satisfaction. Likely more actually, as a lot of people in their system aren’t there because they want to be, but because they’re forced to be. fortunately, we are very...
  10. melgross

Opinion: Canon’s mounting woes

It’s only brought up in response to those complaining about it. So who is really bringing it up? The fact that Canon seems to be maintaining a 50% market share in ILC, given all the competition out there, tends to show that this is only an issue with a very small number of people. While their...
  11. melgross

Canon Inc. releases Q2 2023 financials

It’s been several years now that they’ve had competition from Canon and Nikon. It’s expected that they would lose market share. Canon, being the biggest should be expected to take a large amount of that. Nikon, as the smallest, would be expected to take the smallest share. A lot of the people...
  12. melgross

Canon Inc. releases Q2 2023 financials

Despite what some people say, Canon knows what it’s doing. Otherwise, sales wouldn’t be strong. These days, double digit growth in this industry is pretty good.
  13. melgross

Canon releases financials for the full year 2022

I expect you to be polite, which is something you seem incapable of.
  14. melgross

You don’t have any friends, do you?
  15. melgross

I’ve stated several times in various discussions here on this site, that Canon’s M series has been the number one, or number two in most every market they compete in. So I do know about that. But pretty much everyone doesn’t consider those to be relevant to the lines Canon, Nikon and Sony have...
  16. melgross

Canon teases Canon EOS R8 and Canon EOS R50 announcement happening this week

They’re likely perfect for the market they’re aimed at, which (surprise, surprise!) isn’t us, generally.
  17. melgross

You really are a sucky person, we all know that too. Do you have so many problems in your life that you have to insult people here?
  18. melgross

Great, so tell us the numbers.
  19. melgross

We all know that those were aimed at people who just wanted small, relatively inexpensive cameras and lenses. They did very well, something I’ve said here several times in the past, but were considered to be an oddball, something that Canon would have to ditch, and yes, it looks as though that’s...