Search results

1. Aussie shooter

Pangolin Safaris?

Morning all. I am considering a photographic trip to Africa at some point in the relatively near future (maybe mid next year) and at this time am tossing up between a trip to Uganda for primates or a trip to Botswana with Pangolin Safaris. Question is, has anyone here done a trip with Pangolin...
  2. Aussie shooter

Laowa 15mm zero D

Hey all. Has anyone had any experience with the laowa Zero D lenses for astro/aurora photography? I need a wide lens and at the moment the 4k for a Canon 15-35 Rd is just too far out of reach.
  3. Aussie shooter

New masking in Lightroom

Gotta say. I am very impressed so far. VERY VERY impressed. Select sky and subject work very well in most cases and having the luminance and colour selection separate from the filters is fantastic
  4. Aussie shooter

Situations That seem to challenge the amazing AF systems of the R6 and R6

Having used the R6 for a little while now i am starting to come to grips with the incredible AF system. But having said that there are certain situations that seem to defeat it. So this thread is to relay your experiences where the AF has been thrown off. For me the most interesting one is that...
  5. Aussie shooter

Switching between Electronic shutter and mechanical

I cannot seem to customize a button on my R6 to switch between electronic and mechanical shutter. I would like to be able to do this very quickly and if I have to go into the menu it will be slow as. As an example if shooting a perching bird i would prefer mechanical as i dont need twenty fps...
  6. Aussie shooter

New Supply issues with Canon gear?

I have heard there was a fire in Japan recently that may mean the current shipments of canon gear could be the last untill 1st qtr(end of) 2021. Is this true? Or have I been told a furphy?
  7. Aussie shooter

Eos R6 images.

I am still waiting for mine(damn christmas can be frustrating ;) ), but I would like to see a collection of images(just to confirm in my mind I have made the right call ;) ). So go!!!!
  8. Aussie shooter

DPReview Review of the R6

Not sure if this was already on the site but just saw the DPReview of the R6. Very positive overall. Very few drawbacks.
  9. Aussie shooter

Lockdown Sunsets/The view from lockdown

While we are not in as strict a lockdown in Australia as some other parts of the world we are still basically required to remain at home for anything other that 'essential' movement. So during this time I have decided to focus on shooting the only thing availabe to me which is the view from my...
  10. Aussie shooter

Required specs for editing?

I am looking at upgrading from my laptop to a desktop for editing. At the moment i have a 7d2(around 20mb files give or take) bit want to future proof for when i upgrade camera bodies as well. What sort of specs would you recommend for a computer to handle to load effectively?
  11. Aussie shooter

Rp vs 7d2 high iso performance?

My 7d2 just doesn't cut it for aurora photography. I love it. But i have to consider upgrading to a FF for this particular purpose(and obviously it would get used for general landscapes etc). I am wondering what the actual difference is in high iso performance(1600-3200) btween an rp and the...
  12. Aussie shooter

Third party prime for night sky photography/Auroras

I am looking at getting a fast prime for milky way and aurora photography. Running a 7d2 atm so thinking something that will give me around a 20mm equivalent on the crop sensor but obviously will fit a FF when I go in that direction. Any suggestions on a decent affordable option?
  13. Aussie shooter

Australian wildlife

I couldn't find a thread focusing specifically on the unique animals found in Australia so here we go. Wild or captive is fine(if captive it would be good to be aknowledged). I'll start with a couple taken recently at a sanctuary called 'Tasmanian devil Unzoo'. It has some animals that are...
  14. Aussie shooter

All quiet on the western front!!

It really does seem to be very quiet here atm doesn't it? A possible/probable all in o e replacement for the 80d and 7d2 and that is it? No real hints on the next r body timing. No further mentions of the upcoming rf lenses(especially the 24-240 non L). I am starting to wonder if canon have...
  15. Aussie shooter

Galapagos questions

I made a post about this in another spot but it doesn't seem to be getting any hits. I an heading to the galapagos in a months time and while i already have a fair idea of what i will be trying to shoot i am wondering if anyone who has been there can give any ideas i may not have considered. The...
  16. Aussie shooter

Galapagos islands

Off to the Galapagos in a months time. I have a fairly good idea of what shots I would like to aim for but any ideas would be welcome. Things I may not have thought of etc from anyone that has been. It is an 8 day boat trip arou d the islands so I don't have complete freedom of times etc so i...
  17. Aussie shooter

So just how busy is 2019 going to be?

What do we think we will see in 2019. It is shaping up to be very busy year for Canon if they release what I think they will/should release. 5dsr2, 7d3,90d,78d, 2new rebels? eosr(x)?3-5 lenses for the mirrroless system, maybe more. Do we really think they will punch out this much stuff or will...
  18. Aussie shooter

long exposure effects on sensors

I have been doing some extra long exposures lately(up to 40min) and am wondering if it will have any long term effect on the sensor. I haven't noticed anything but would like to know before I do to many more.
  19. Aussie shooter

70-200 2.8 with 2x tele vs 100-400mk2 with 1.4 tele

Looking at getting rid of the sigma 150-600 and replacing with one of these two combos as with a trip to the Galapagos coming up weight savings are a priority. Losing some reach with the 70-200 option but getting a more versatile rig than the 100-400 and being that it will be mounted on a 7d2 I...