Search results

1. D

Canon exec confirms that the EOS-1D X Mark III is Canon’s last DSLR

Still a great sport Camera, which makes great images!!
  2. D

The next Canon EOS R5 firmware update is coming next month [CR2]

Any upcoming firmware updates for the 1Dx Mark III?
  3. D

Firmware for the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III coming in early April to address issue

Great to hear this is fixed. Is Canon back in production on the 1Dx Mark III bodies? They have not been available since the first pre-order shipments when out.
  4. D

Interview: DPReview speaks to the “father of the EOS-1”

I hope they are at least on par with the Nikon D6.
  5. D

Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS Still in Testing [CR2]

This would have to be an amazing lens. My copy of the 24-70mm f2.8 II is very good. It works well on my 1DxII and 1DIV bodies. IS would be nice. Maybe it is improved for higher resolution sensors.
  6. D

1DX Mark II vs 7D Mark II experience

I had a similar experience moving from the 7Dmk2 to the 1Dxmk2. I shoot sports and had been using a combo of 7Dmk2 and a 5DIII bodies. When shooting High School Friday night lights football, the 7Dmk2 would not cut it when I needed high iso for the low light. I would use the 5DIII, but the...
  7. D

Free 1DX2 AF guide from Canon

Thank you for sharing the guide. Dave
  8. D

So does the 16-35 f/2.8L III have a vignetting problem or not?

I picked up this lens a couple of weeks ago. I shoot sports and do live at 2.8. Uses it a bit for wide angle indoor basketball shots on my 1Dxmk2. Colors are great. I saw the vignetting at 16mm and f2.8, but it gave a nice look to the shot. I do agree the price is steep on this lens. But...
  9. D

1dx II - is it possible to map a button to a menu item?

I agree. The rear LCD is good but not big enough for much editing.
  10. D

Any chance for a 7D Mark 'II+'?

I had the 7D Mark II for shooting sports. It worked great in daylight. It had too much noise in low light when shooting High School football. The AF did not work well in low light either. I really liked the "extra reach". I moved to a 1Dx MK II. I would consider a improved 7DMkII+, if...
  11. D

Any oil spatter on the 1DX mkll?

I have not seen any my 1Dxmk2. I have been shooting Basketball and Soccer with it. Lots of 14fps bursts and no oil. Dave
  12. D

Reader Poll Results: The Best of 2016 from Canon

I thought the 1Dx Mark II is the better camera. but the 5D Mark IV has the bigger fan base...