Search results

1. J

Quad Pixel Autofocus is ready for production [CR1]

What has mirrorless to do with AF? I thought the point was that you see what you get in the EVF. If you expose wrong, you notice it right away. And yes you also see wrong focusing. That is why manual lenses are fine to use with EVF.
  2. J

Industry News: Canon Still #2 in Full Frame Mirrorless Market

One big difference could be the RF mount. For pro photographers it is maybe fine with the big and expensive lenses. But for most, the cost of these chunky lenses is to big. The Sony E mount wins here.
  3. J

Here is the Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro

A great lens, I am sure. But again. The RF lenses are almost bigger than the Fuji GFX medium format system. Never understood the need of that RF mount, if it means bigger and heavier.
  4. J

Patent: RF prime lenses including an RF 24mm f/1.4L USM and RF 50mm f/1.4 USM

Yes, but Leica M lenses are not that big. They are known for sharpness and aberration control. And I wouldn't say that their small lenses are not sharp across the field. And distortion? I know they have the rear element much closer to the sensor. But the RF is not that far away, as I remember.
  5. J

Thanks, but that is too theoretical for me. I'm just a photographer. The old EF lenses were great, lighter and smaller. Still would love to have a mirrorless Canon with EF mount. But hey, I mainly do street and documentary photography. So I guess the R system is not necessary. Retrofocus lens...
  6. J

One thing I don't understand. The RF 50mm 1.4 usm is listed twice as long physical, as the old EF 50mm? Why did Canon make a new lens mount that requires so big lenses? I don't get it... I would love to go back to Canon, but with these new big lenses - I will consider the Fuji GFX system instead.
  7. J

Industry News: Fujifilm officially announces the X-T4

And what is the price for a new R with the 35mm?
  8. J

Industry News: Fujifilm officially announces the X-T4

That is not right.... The price is not $2899 for the body, but $1699. What country would have almost double the official price?
  9. J

Canon EOS R6 specifications [CR3]

Sounds interesting. But with the new RF mount and those big chunky RF lenses, the idea of the whole R series is a bit strange. Why make a mirrorless line where the lenses are 1.5 times bigger that the old EF system (and two times as expensive). Simply don't get that. If Canon does not come up...
  10. J

Potential Canon EOS R Mark II specifications [CR1]

I agree. Would make me consider to switch back to Canon from my beloved Fuji xpro system. I miss the full frame sensor, no matter what others say ;) But love the Fuji compactness and the fantastic lenses though.
  11. J

OpticalLimits Reviews the Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS Macro STM

I really hope Canon will make some smaller prime alternatives in the 28mm to 50mm range. Especially since they have cameras like the RP. Would be so nice to have for travel and street photography.
  12. J

Patent: Lower cost RF mount prime and zoom lenses, including an RF 16-35mm f/4

But still no 28mm?? Come on Canon. Make one now!
  13. J

The Canon PowerShot G5 X Mark II is finally on the way

What were the designers thinking??? Must be the most ugly camera Canon ever has released.... Ok, it takes pictures. And will make photos with smiling people when they look at the camera. Clever. But really?
  14. J

Preorder: Canon EOS RP camera and kits

I don't think it is possible to make a pancake lens in 24mm full frame. As I heard it can only be made around 35-40mm view.
  15. J

Yes, that 40mm is such a fantastic lens for the price. If you can live with the f/2.8, you get at super sharp and nice image quality. Love it. And less than half the price for a Fujinon 27mm f/2.8 pancake. Really hope that Canon will make a RF version of that lens! But it will like not happen in...
  16. J

Canon officially announces the EOS RP

They are just teasing Fuji ;)
  17. J

Would be so nice to have a pancake lens for this system! A 35 or 40mm. Or a tiny 28mm f/2.8. Would be so great for street and travel. If it ever happens, I would consider to go back to Canon from Fuji.
  18. J

Interview: Canon execs talk EOS RP with Imaging Resource

I have the same problem with the Fujis... But actually I believe that the problem is the eyecup and not the viewfinder itself. But maybe an EVF with more power would help in the future.. The worst thing about EVF is, when you get used to it - you really miss it when going back to dslr's. At...
  19. J

The Canon EOS R will begin shipping to customers on October 9, 2018, if not sooner

Never said that it should be around the shutter. What is wrong with the way Canon 6D handles this. Would be so easy to make it the same way on the EOS R. Now you have a big big wheel for - wait for it - On/Off
  20. J

The Canon EOS R will begin shipping to customers on October 9, 2018, if not sooner

Why - why did Canon remove the shooting mode dial, and used it for a big On/Off dial instead? That is maybe the most stupid design flaw I have ever seen in a camera for shooting still images..... So now you have to: Press the Mode button - Then press the Info button - And then press the Shooting...