Search results

1. D

Ended: Your favourite new third party lens of 2018

Tokina 50 mm 1.4 „Opera“ ? (At least this is the lens which would get my vote . . .)
  2. D

Tokina Officially Announces the Opera 50mm f/1.4 FF

Hi, I heard a statement that the Tokina lens will be optically identical to the new Pentax 50mm 1.4, which starts selling approximately NOW. Anyone knows if this is true/likely? Can we use any test/review results about the Pentax lens to evaluate what to expect from the Tokina glass?
  3. D

Tokina to Announce Opera 50mm f/1.4 FF

Anybody knows about colour rendition with Tokina? Reason I am asking: With Sigma lenses, colour rendition is different from Canon glass (that's at least what some sources claim). While Sigma lenses are great optics, if mixed with Canon objectives, the time spent in post-production rises...
  4. D

Here We Go Again, New 50mm L Coming in 2018 [CR2]

Any Nikon guy or Otus owner wandering around here? I more than once found myself in a situation where, while shooting with my 35mm, I wanted a more "restricted" view. But switching to 50mm the difference in focal length was just a wee bit to small. Also, if shooting portraiture, I often just...
  5. D

What would it take lens wise?

Similar for me: Getting close. Most painful for me right now is not having a 50mm prime (or 55mm or 58mm, whatever) which I really love. I got the Canon 50mm 1.4, but ... I will probably get myself a Zeiss Milvus 50mm, which should cover me for 50% (AF not essential, but Image Quality is)...
  6. D

Canon Officially Discontinues Three Lenses

More out of curiosity: Has the 35mm 1.4 mark I already been officially discontinued? At least at some online-sites, It is still available for purchase ... As great as the mark II version might be optically, it is a little bit pricey for me ...
  7. D

Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Replacement Finally Coming? [CR1]

Can somebody help me here to read between the lines? Most complaints I heard about the 50mm 1.4 were about image quality (IQ), less about the focussing. Will the optical formula of the new lens be upgraded (and hence IQ be improved)? The way this CR reads, one gets the impression that Canon...