Search results

1. Firillu

This is probably the best camera review I’ve ever watched – Gerald Undone with the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

I gave up after 15min gibberish on video. i don’t care and do Not even want to know. wake me up when canon makes a camera for photographers without having to buy useless video modes that will just get in the way.
  2. Firillu

Gordan Laing Review: The Canon EOS R5 for photography

In my ideal word there would be the Canon EOS RP5P, with P standing for photography and will be stripped of all video capability. It will significantly cheaper. I just hate buying a camera like this, knowing I am paying a lot of money for its video component, which I will never use. I have a...
  3. Firillu

Interview: Understanding the Canon EOS R

Actually, I'm keen on full frame mirrorless, but not necessarily to ditch my 5D Mk4 as yet. For my work, a mirror and prism can't be beaten by an electronic viewfinder just yet. Of course I am yet to test the EOS R for that. As I said, Canon has been extremely good for me. I have zero...
  4. Firillu

I don't really follow other brands, and I was not aware of that I'll admit. Which ones do that?
  5. Firillu

it looks like Canon are yet to decide whether to introduce IBIS in future camera. I find this to be very confusing, Shall I invest in IS lenses? Why miss a massive opportunity like this, and not make IBIS standard on every body of a new system? it appears to me that Canon's R&D are not as...
  6. Firillu

EOS R stands on its own. At this stage it is a one body full frame mirrorless system. The 5D and 6D are reflex cameras. For me it is not particularly good value, but other will see it differently according to their needs and expectations.
  7. Firillu

Interesting comments. As always, many people cannot unshackle themselves from their brand and tribe biases. I've been using Canon for 35 years and pretty much the only brand I know and am confident with. I earn my living using Canon gear. I don't want to trash the brand and devalue the re-sale...
  8. Firillu

I think you nailed it, very sensible comment. Your last sentence sums it up nicely. I'm not selling my Canon gear yet.. I've been a sole Canon user for 35 years, but for the first time, I'm looking around and keeping an eye on other brands.
  9. Firillu

Preorder: You can now preorder the Canon EOS R system and other new Canon gear

It is not as simple. RF lenses are not compatible with EF bodies. If in the future you want to use a full frame mirrorless, and an APS-c mirorless for speed, like I use the 7DMkII today for wildlife, lenses will not be compatible eighter. Unless they will have a full frame mirrorless that can...
  10. Firillu

I'm sure they won't stop selling EF system from tonight. They kept 'officially selling' film cameras until some years ago too. But I'm pretty confident their long term plans are the RF system.
  11. Firillu

Pretty sure it will be a long and protracted, and messy switch from EF to RF for some. I want to buy the 11-24mm but I'm not going to spend that money on a lens with an end of life mount. If I buy an RF lens it won't be compatible with my relatively new EF bodies, 5D IV and 7D II. To complicate...
  12. Firillu

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R system

I have to say I was keen, especially with the rumours pointing to a great solution for keeping with the EF mount. I knew that wasn't quite impossible, but adapters suck. It's not great at all. I have a 5DIV and 7D2 and a few L-series lenses. I'm keen to replace my ageing 16-35mmL, and I know...
  13. Firillu

Tony Northrup: I Made a Mistake: The Canon EOS 6D Mark II is the BEST Vlogging Camera. Seriously.

I bet my last dollar that 99% of the crappy photos taken by the 6D II are user incompetence, and unrelated to the camera specifications.
  14. Firillu

Canon Announces the Speedlite 470EX-AI Autobounce

Most stupid thing they can do is switch to a custom shape Lithium battery. I use flash all day five times a week and only use rechargeable AAs and they last a long time. If I run out, I can always buy standard AA available anywhere on the planet.
  15. Firillu

What's Your Favourite Product So Far in 2017 From Canon?

Fortunately I've been a photographer for 30 years. If I was starting out today and wanted to buy something better than my smartphone, I would be utterly confused. The choice is bewildering, overlapping and incoherent. I used to love Apple for their minimalistic choice of products, though...