Search results

1. I

Canon R USB charging - does it work off power banks?

As per the title, does the Canon R allow charging off a USB power bank, or does it have to have ac power through the Canon power block? I've seen some posts of people being able to use MacBook chargers also, but these need to be plugged in to ac power too, as far as I'm aware. If it does work...
  2. I

AF issues with 5Dmk4

I have a friend who upgraded from previously using a 5dmk2 and 5dmk3 in April to the 5dmk4, loves the video focusing and found the sensor a worthwhile upgrade but has been struggling with the AF. Canon ended up actually replacing the first body with another (af was properly malfunctioning) but...
  3. I

Canon ff mirrorless - where will it fit in the line up?

With the release of the new Sony a73, and the M50 from Canon, it looks like the mirrorless options are maturing to a point where they look to be just as strong an option as the dslr competition (more a evf or ovf than the other features difference now) With that, where is Canon likely to put...
  4. I

1080 video quality on 5dmk4 and 1dx2 vs competition?

I have seen some comments elsewhere about the 1080 quality of the Canon cameras being soft and exhibiting moire etc, it seems to be more so in the older cameras, 6d, 5dmk3 etc but a few about the 5dmk4 and 1dx2 have also come up. How do these two compare to the likes of Nikon, Sony, Panasonic...
  5. I

Recent price drops/specials - Usual practice or no?

With the recent deals on refurbished 6d mk2 with the kit lens for ~ 1200 usd among other deals, I've seen a few posts elsewhere speculating about canons place in the market and the possible suggestions on the sales performance of the camera. I'm not thinking that canon are doomed or anything...