Search results

1. The Fat Fish

UK pricing leaks for the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

£2499 is a lot for a 20mp camera. If it was 26-32mp, that would be great.
  2. The Fat Fish

Here is the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6, along with the announcement date

The resolution is good for a $2000 camera and the DR is fine also. As you say, it's the video features that aren't. Other manufacturers have managed high resolution and great quality video, I really wish Canon could. IBIS is also really useful for stills - specifically handheld with non IS lenses.
  3. The Fat Fish

I hired it for two weeks and hated it. What a complete and utterly pointless camera - sorry, I really dislike the 6DII. So disappointing.
  4. The Fat Fish

The 6DII really isn't much of an upgrade and wasn't worth the price when it was released. The 6DII is possibly the most disappointing camera Canon have ever released. The less said about it the better. The 5DIV is a noticeable upgrade over the 6D bit it lacks features it should of had at it's...
  5. The Fat Fish

Yes, in comparison to the 6D it was yes, but was it a good value at the time? Not really, no. I'm not saying it's a bad camera - it's a very good camera but I don't think the features justified the price.
  6. The Fat Fish

Yes but the 5DIV isn't the most modern of cameras. On release it was reliable but dated. For $2k the resolution and dynamic range are fair but the video features are incredibly poor in comparison to the competition and it lacks great features like IBIS.
  7. The Fat Fish

My style makes it tricky. I mostly do landscapes so resolution and dynamic range are important. What makes it tricky is I also do events and often need to swap between stills and video quickly. The EOS R isn't great if I am honest, I hired one for a few weeks and was very dissapointed. The 30mp...
  8. The Fat Fish

The R6 only being 20mp is so frustrating. I have been waiting nearly 8 years for a meaningful 6D upgrade and even in 2020, it looks unlikely. For an 3-4 year difference I would expect increased dynamic range, higher resolution, IBIS and good quality 4K video. Finally 8 years on Canon achieve...
  9. The Fat Fish

Canon EOS R5 launch price will be below $4000 USD [CR3]

I think this is more obvious that people give it credit for. The 8K video is the only stand out feature that other competitors don't currently offer. Whilst it's impressive, it's something many will not need or use so Canon would be silly to price the camera highly because of it, especially...
  10. The Fat Fish

The Canon EOS R6 has shown up for certification

The R5 so far sounds amazing but it's in a different category. It's a £3500-£4000 camera whereas the 6D was a £1500 camera. The 5DIV had all the same drawbacks as the EOS R but with a much higher price. It's a great camera for sure but I was expecting a lot more given the price and competition...
  11. The Fat Fish

I'm not so much angry, just a little dissapointed. I'm still an owner of the original 6D and was looking for a meaningful upgrade. I'd like IBIS, a moderate megapixel upgrade, a significant dynamic range upgrade and a significant video upgrade, all of which are reasonable expectations when...
  12. The Fat Fish

20mp is still really disappointing.
  13. The Fat Fish

Rumoured Canon EOS Rs Specifications [CR1]

It must at least match the specs and pricing of the 2017 A7RIII. High resolution, high dynamic range, IBIS, dual card slots, full frame 4K, over-sampled Super-35 4K, great battery life and fast FPS.
  14. The Fat Fish

The Canon EOS-1D X Mark III is coming in 2020

The video specs sound promising but then again so did the video specs of the 5DIV, 6DII, M50, M5, EOS R, EOS RP and M6II.
  15. The Fat Fish

We’ve received the pricing for the new RF lenses

Ambitious. At these prices I think Canon really need to release some more compelling bodies to go with them. The EOS R and RP are far from what competitors are doing. That said, if they can improve their bodies they will have a great mirrorless system.
  16. The Fat Fish

Is SIGMA getting ready to announce their first RF mount lenses? [CR1]

Are these new lenses or just the older DSLR ones with the mount changed?
  17. The Fat Fish

A couple of EOS R cameras that can be considered “pro” are in the pipeline [CR1]

It's all part of the debate. I have a point of view based on my usage of a camera. Other have theirs. If it was one big circle jerk like the Canon DPReview forum it wouldn't be interesting would it? Also I comment late because I work late.
  18. The Fat Fish

A couple of EOS R cameras that can be considered “pro” are in the pipeline [CR1]

The dynamic range is okay. The video features are abysmal.
  19. The Fat Fish

"Pro" for Canon is an excuse to put the price even higher. The EOS R is grossly overpriced for what it is and these cameras will no doubt continue the trend. For 2 or 3 other manufacturers you can get great dynamic range, IBIS, excellent video features, dual card slots (in 2), fast FPS and more...
  20. The Fat Fish

Preorder: Canon EOS RP camera and kits

Let’s wait for the DR tests before getting too excited. Also at £1399 in the U.K. ($1800) it far less of a deal.