Search results

1. V

Canon EOS R1 and EOS R5 Mark II marketing and training has begun with preferred retailers

there would be some leaks about R5II, if there is marketing training. By now, as a minimum, there should be sensor spec info out. there is nothing solid info rather wild speculation of 60Mpx or 45 Mpx res sensor. the 60Mpx rumor looks like someone\'s dream.
  2. V

Canon EOS R1 Specifications [CR2]

0.8 Microsec, is in another level. Putting Z9 there makes people think Z9 is in the same league which is not. I think GS sensor instant read is not 0 sec, there'll be some time lag but certainly the fastest but 0.8 microseconds is close. This looks like the best balance between better sensor...
  3. V

Sony Electronics Releases the Alpha 9 III; the World’s First Full-Frame Camera with a Global Shutter Systemi

Sony is not knowns as traditional lens company. Canon is. You have to factor this into perspective. They're really committed and driven.
  4. V

Sony Electronics Releases the Alpha 9 III; the World’s First Full-Frame Camera with a Global Shutter Systemi

For the price, Sony has done it again in shifting the goal post. Many here talking about DR and all that. the GS benefits outweighs that. Sony is also marketing it for sports, DR from sports specific cameras are usually low. But the GS has more benefits i.e. shutter speed and flash sync. Can\'t...
  5. V

Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8L IS USM next from Canon

I was expecting the price nearer to RF 400mm... no surprise. But is the hood and cap price is for spare list. I would expect the lens to come with hood and cap.
  6. V

Canon releases firmware v1.4.0 for the Canon EOS R3

I have to disagree. the R3 has way better hardware specs to do this. This is just a matter of effort from Canon and this is Canon's ignorance. I'm finding the R3 becoming more irrelevant for the asking price as time moves on. the stack sensor readout is slower than those in A1 and Z9 higher res...
  7. V

Canon EOS R3 v 1.3.0 update released

R6 II has pre-capture burst mode, CR could you find out if Canon would add this to R3.
  8. V

There are two more APS-C RF mount cameras coming [CR2]

Agree, Canon should allow Tamron and SIgma to make native RF-S lens. That'll close the lens gaps. Tamron and Sigma has crop sensor lenses for X, E, L and Z mounts. They'll re-use them. Canon could restrict lenses for FF image circle i.e. RF lens.
  9. V

USD pricing for the Canon EOS R6 Mark II and Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM has leaked ahead of the imminent announcement

this is just product tiering. you can even use Rp, R for pro work and produce great results. I think FF stacked sensor will used to differentiate between high end/flagship from enthusiast cameras. Differentiation like large and ‘build like a tank’ nowadays is moot. Once Global shutter comes...
  10. V

USD pricing for the Canon EOS R6 Mark II and Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM has leaked ahead of the imminent announcement

I think this is the R6 Canon supposed to release initially but they rushed the R6 I with 1DX III sensor to provide a quick answer to the market demand. the 1DX III sensor tech is dated, was designed for DSLR and most likely not costly as R5 sensor. Just because the sensor was in a flagship DSLR...
  11. V

this a 24Mpx FF sensor. Canon never had 24Mpx FF sensor prior this except for the R3 stacked sensor. Must be new, but CR needs to clarify whether it's BSI and the DPAF is version II?
  12. V

The Canon EOS R6 Mark II should be announced sometime this year

is it Dual Pixel CMOS AF or Dual Pixel CMOS AF II?
  13. V

Canon EOS R6 Mark II – Here are some more specifications

Can't see how Canon is going to use a stacked sensor and keep the price same i.e. sub $2.5K. A9 price point is much higher. 1DX III has non stacked FSI sensor and cost less. DSLR is phasing out and it won't impact the line if they used the sensor in a mid tier R body. But using a stacked sensor...
  14. V

A new rumor suggest that the Canon EOS R will be replaced by a Canon EOS R8 [CR1]

any camera named higher than 6 or R6 should be APSC otherwise it'll confuse all. CFE card slot and the spec should put this same as R6 tier, below R5. They can call it R6S i.e. more stills centric.
  15. V

The state of third-party lenses for the RF mount, Canon may be involved

I won’t use Nikon as an example to push bigger companies that have greater market share. Nikon will do anything now to grow their market share. Sony went with working with 3rd party because they were growing their business and required 3rd parties to fill their gaps. Now they’re established but...
  16. V

Canon EOS R6 Mark II already in prototype testing [CR1]

R6 is relatively new. I don't think it'll be R6 II rather another line with a higher price if it has the same sensor as R3. this would impact R3 sell. R3 has the first stacked sensor from Canon and the R&D cost would be pretty high. They would limit some features due to the form factor and heat...
  17. V

Canon has pulled firmware v1.2.0 for the Canon EOS R3 due to a bug

Just saw Canon Australia released R3 FW 1.2.1. That's pretty quick turn around.
  18. V

There are currently 3 EOS R system cameras coming in the second half of 2022 [CR2]

Canon APSC lens offer was not that great. I don't know why would someone invest on Canon EFS lens? At least the 3rd party ones were better. Majority bought EF L lens and used it on APSC body. the only advantage was crop for more reach. So Canon will do the same, come up with some cheap RF-S...