Search results

1. A

Lightstand Recommendations for Strobes: C-Stands? Cheetah Stands? Etc?

The Cheetah style works great. They are much quicker to use if you need to move the stands around in a busy area. It can be particularly tricky if you need to move stands quickly e.g. at a busy event, complete with the strobe and reflector etc still on the top. The feet fold so your stand does...
  2. A

Which rechargeable AA batteries for Speedlights?

I use several dozen Eneloops and have done so for years. They are so reliable and long life that I can't see the point of buying cheaper "me-too" cells., They do not last forever though and you won't necessarily know of a cell failure until its too late. For that reason I have four of the Maha...
  3. A

Once and for all, a poll on tripod FLIP or TWIST locks!

One of my tripods is an old Gitzo G2220 with twist locks. It has always been unreliable and I had to replace various internal shims etc otherwise the legs simply would not lock. I used to keep a length of gaffer tape around one leg just in case I had to improvise in an emergency. But I kept it...
  4. A

Tripod help

I don't agree with that any more because newer features can be very beneficial. Who would have thought new features for tripods would be invented ;D I still have an old Gitzo but I was never overwhelmed with it and more recent triops do a better job for me. My original Gitzo has twist locks...