Search results

1. U

Is it just me or are the sample images from the R5 the most unimpressive photos you've ever seen?

Since theses are not raw format photos therefore there is that to consider. However there is normally at least some part of a jpeg that isn't so compressed. As far as Tom R's weight lifter image example the photo is rather bad even for a jpeg. As for which part that is in focus i would say...
  2. U

The Canon EOS R6 has shown up for certification

The R6 does look to be a better over all value. All be it i need to see the IQ first particularly when it comes to accuracy since the recent cameras i have tested have far too much software processing and i don't need my images too look cartoonish sooc. So much so that i went back and bought...
  3. U

The Canon EOS R6 is still scheduled to be announced in May [CR2]

I hope there will be some semblance of balance with the R6. There is an unhealthy addiction to video features and promotion. A very short on-line press conf for the R5 and all they talked about for a few seconds are the R5 video specs and to be honest it sounded more like an ad for Red 8k...
  4. U

Where is the 7d mark 3 heading?

I would prefer to remain with DSLR and not have to fiddle with lens compatibility. Mirrorless still hasn't caught up yet especially when it comes to multipurpose and all weather reliability except for the micro 4/3 domain. Mirrorless as far as most people go seem towards pull the video part of...
  5. U

I was referring to the lack luster performance from the Nikon mirrorless offerings. Even Canon fans are a little disappointed with the EOS R as for reference to hoping that Canon doesn't drastically nerf the 7dmk3. As it is now it no longer matters since recently both Canon and Nikon have...
  6. U

POLL? How many are preordering the EOS R?

I try to avoid first gen and it's not only where Canon is concerned. More proven updated models like a 7Dmk3, yes.
  7. U

Canon has been making decent strides into the APS-H class sensors and having Sigma cameras i am familiar with the size and how lighting works with that class. It's an interesting range to work with. I wouldn't need 120mpx but there are other advantage to the class even for Bayer, X3, or RGBW...
  8. U

Thank you for all the comments. For the longest time i thought this thread was dead since there were no replies. I still have my 7D mark 2 and it is not going away anytime soon. The one fact i can share between the 7d mk2 and the Nikon D500 is that the 7dmk2 is a more well rounded system. The...
  9. U

With Nikon hinting at the Z6 being the D750 replacement i am concerned as to what the future holds for the Canon 7D mark 3. The rumor waters have become increasingly muddy of late.
  10. U

Will Canon make a full size mirrorless crop camera?

No idea of what to expect from the 7d mk3 or the 90d if they are headed towards mirrorless. Despite having a few mirrorless cameras i am not a fan of them or certain sensors in dslrs either. Nikons answer to the D760 (D750 replacement) will most likely be the new 24mpx mirrorless. It is yet...
  11. U

Canon Will Announce Their First Full Frame Mirrorless in 2018 [CR3]

Prograde (formerly Lexar) has developed a CF express card. Capacity currently of about 1tb (max). Faster than XQD and in the same format and size as an XQD card (same connector pins) and firmware permitting will take xqd cards. In some practical theory around 800MB/s in camera for the CF...
  12. U

Canon Will Announce Their First Full Frame Mirrorless in 2018 [CR3]

Canon seems to have some interesting potential with what is rumored, so no assumptions for myself as yet. There is also the option of CF express memory cards since they are not proprietary to Sony and Nikon. However yes dual uhs-2 would be useful but on the other hand it's the cameras system...
  13. U

The Canon EOS 7D Mark III : a test for Canon

I suppose it would depend one a few factors at least for myself. Most recent cameras are just barely better in image quality than their predecessor and i am talking actual accurate rendition not interpolated guess work. I am not talking about pixel peeping but getting the details correct the...