Search results

1. T

Canon EOS R5 Firmware v2.0.0 Released

I've never had that happen. I've filled a 128gig card - taking over 3,000 photos (including a second card.) Also shot high speed in mechanical shutter. I'm just curious as to your conditions.
  2. T

A Look into Canon’s Ergonomics

I found your article quite interesting. The full size chip on the original 5D brought me into the Canon world - the chip in a more affordable camera. The ergonomics kept me here. Before I closed the deal on my R, I took a look at Sony. When I found my fingers could hardly fit between the lens...
  3. T

Canon EOS R5 Mark II Specifications

My take is the global shutter has been over shadowed by the stacked sensor technology, but time will tell.
  4. T

Canon EOS R1 Specifications [CR2]

Is that 1/1250 legit or a misprint? We have waited so long and now I'm a bit disappointed. Obviously this is not official nor everything, but i was hoping for something that would blow me away. Why can't landscape, portrait and fine art photographers not have heavily sealed cameras. Who needs...
  5. T

High-resolution EOS R Camera, Where are you?

Actually, withe the RF lenses the R5 does a better job resolving than my 5dsr. Having said that I'm one of those waiting for more resolution. Back when Canon announced the 5dsr everyone was wining about how there was no need for such high resolution and now its the norm. I have a friend in the...
  6. T

Canon EOS R5 Mark II to up 8K framerate [CR2]

Yep - I want to get back to a still camera priority. If I were into video, I'd buy a video centric camera.
  7. T

Canon is actively conducting market research on a “retro” style camera body

I'm with clearwaterphotog. I've admired Nikon for doing this, but I'm not interested in a 24megapixel body. I want whatever the latest sensor technology is. If they produce a somewhat F1 body I'll wish for it, but if it has R5 level technology I'll probably buy it, because I'll be able to use it.
  8. T

Canon Patent Application: Handheld tilt-shift

Exactly! Its going to end up in the realm of super telephoto that I can't afford. Have to fun is the manual adjustments.
  9. T

Canon EOS R5 Mark II Specification make the rounds

Agreed - don't change a good button layout that im used too.
  10. T

The Canon EOS R5 Mark II coming in Q2, 2023? [CR2]

Why wouldn't you. They download faster.
  11. T

Where the heck is the RF 35mm f/1.2L?

I'd be happy just to get the 135 1.8 at this point!
  12. T

The Canon EOS R1 is coming, here are a few things to expect

I'd like to see 16bit files myself!
  13. T

Canon EOS R3 sensor resolution to be 45mp?

First of all be it known that I have no idea what Canon is going to do, but so of the reasoning I've been hearing for not having 45mp is driving me crazy. First of all the sports camera thing. Why not? Sony's A1 is billed as a sports camera and I believe it is 50mp. Along with that is that Canon...
  14. T

Here is the Canon EOS R3

I'm the opposite - If it is a 75 or more pixel camera I'm in. But we are all different and that's why they make more than one!