Search results

1. Punio

The Canon EOS R5 Mark II coming in Q2, 2023? [CR2]

Oh man, I just had the R5 with a tasty Black Friday deal in the Canon store cart just now. Maybe I'll just stick with the R6 a little longer.... hmm
  2. Punio

UK pricing for the new Canon gear has leaked ahead of tomorrow’s announcement

And both my lungs. I’ll stick with my mark 1
  3. Punio

There are 4 wide-angle L prime lenses coming in the next 12 months [CR2]

That 24mm should be a remortgage requiring delight.
  4. Punio

Canon officially announces the RF 24mm f/1.8 Macro IS STM and RF 15-30mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM

the RF 24MM STM is £719... What's the L version I'm waiting for going to be? £10K?!
  5. Punio

Patent: Very small large aperture zoom lens optical formulas

Anyone know if there is an upcoming event where we can possibly expect new lenses?
  6. Punio

Are new dream lenses coming for the RF mount? [CR1]

Canon just need to get a move on fleshing out the line with the standard lenses, like a 24MM L and 35MM L etc.
  7. Punio

Patent: Canon RF 11-24mm f/4L and Canon RF 8-24mm f/4L Fisheye

24MM 1.2 and 35MM 1.2, c'mon Canon!
  8. Punio

Rumoured Canon EOS Rs Specifications [CR1]

When I'm shooting portrait view at low or high angles the articulated screen is amazing. A tilting screen would be useless. There is a solution where you can have both; you could put the articulating part on top of the 'tilting flap', but this would be overkill. The articulating screen is the...
  9. Punio

Rumoured Canon EOS Rs Specifications [CR1]

Sounds great and very Pro like features. I really hope they release two bodies with a smaller MP body. You never know...
  10. Punio

Putting pressure on Canon, so they finally produce a Canon GH5 for Video fans.

I wouldn't wait for this in 2020, we're getting a 1DX3 and possibly a high MP EOS R. A third camera is possible, but probably would be more amateur targeted.
  11. Punio

Black Friday: Canon EOS R body $1449 (Reg $1799)

US only. Thankfully, have to get through this period without purchasing the EOS R. Waiting for that high end EOS R!
  12. Punio

Is there still hope that we see in-body stabilization in the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III?

Would make sense to include IBIS as they are now targeting video users.
  13. Punio

Canon to release new firmware for the EOS R later this month

just wait for the EOS R Pro in a few months
  14. Punio

What’s next from Canon?

I got the gist that Canon don't believe their sensor tech is up to par with their expectations for a Pro mirrorless. Hence why Canon could not reduce the huge 1.7x crop in 4K on the EOS R. Canon is a hardware company first I guess. I hope they figure it out soon, the specs you mentioned are the...
  15. Punio

What’s next from Canon?

Canon Execs in an interview specifically state they are yet to release a mirrorless Pro.
  16. Punio

What’s next from Canon?

My point I was making was that because of the ambiguity in the EOS R naming, its hard to be definitive about what is coming next from Canon. Is it a 5D equivalent next or was the R actually the 5D equivalent? Canon said the there is still a Pro body to come soon but in their interview with...
  17. Punio

What’s next from Canon?

A lot of thoughts about an EOS R Mark 2. I highly doubt Canon have the EOS R on anything less than a 4 year refresh period. That means 2022. What I am also curious about is the naming system. Canon have labelled their bodies quite sensibly in terms of 1 being the top tier, the 5 next and then...
  18. Punio

What’s next from Canon?

I would also add as I mentioned earlier. The Canon execs in their interview specifically said they are yet to put out a Pro mirrorless body.
  19. Punio

What’s next from Canon?

Those are my thoughts too, an EOS R2 or EOS 5DR would suit me, but not a 80mp niche body. Unfortunately I am now without a main camera so I may look at the EOS R on black friday deals or a second hand version to tide me over until the next iteration arrives. But knowing my luck they silent...
  20. Punio

What’s next from Canon?

In Canon's interview with Image Resource it was clear that when the Canon execs referred to Pro they were talking about a 1DX mirrorless equivalent. I wouldn't say every camera is pro if you can make money from it. Pro features today relate to features and weather sealing. Anything below the 5D...