Search results

1. jonbenz

The Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L USM is coming in Q4 of 2022 [CR3]

Thanks, great explanation! what about normal lenses? let's say, how would they calculate the dream lens front element? (50mm f0.95).
  2. jonbenz

The Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L USM is coming in Q4 of 2022 [CR3]

Hey Frank, would you share how to calculate the resulting front element size? I have read it a lot on the forum and I would like to know the math behind it. Thanks!
  3. jonbenz

Here is the Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM

it does not have a dedicated focus ring. Can it be manually focussed with the "control ring"?
  4. jonbenz

Canon RF 85mm f/2 IS STM in the pipeline [CR1]

28th years to give it IS but to remove 1/3rd of a stop and an ok autofocus system? Is this the "Revolution" of the R mount? or R stands for "maRketing"? I would expect at least, the same specs the past lens had but with real improvements (e.i RF 85mm f1.8 IS USM) And don't get me wrong, I...
  5. jonbenz

Canon officially announces the EOS 90D and EOS M6 Mark II

1199$ for a camera that don't do 24fps 1080p video? what is this? 2008? hahaha! When all its predecessors has it (70D, 80D, 77d, even the rebels) There is no excuse but to wanted crippling the camera. Sad! I was really hoping to upgrade my 70D, but none the RP/90D do 24fps
  6. jonbenz

A pair of 24-70mm f/2.8L IS lenses coming in 2019? [CR2]

I understand that there is not as easy as it sounds, but for instance, they made a new mount expensier bigger heavier lens with the same speed (RF 50mm 1.2L vs EF 50mm 1.2L). And for that they are charging 900$ more. Ok, it is far much better optically but what would you expect from an updated...
  7. jonbenz

A pair of 24-70mm f/2.8L IS lenses coming in 2019? [CR2]

I was expecting all the new lenses comming to this new mount were at least one stop faster (with all this buzz/engineering-justification for dropping EF mount). Otherwise, it seems to me just a very expensive (paint job/aesthetics) updated EF version.
  8. jonbenz

Service Advisory: Canon EOS 70D For Error 70 & Error 80

Is this for the US too? I have mine repaired on february 2017 because of that issue. 400$ :'( If it happens again, i might not worry about it.