Search results

1. Wm

A few CarePak and Canon SOP questions

I dont understand Canon.... I have CarePak on my equipment, 2 bodies and multiple lenses. Yet when i go to my Profile on their site, only 2 CarePaks show. Ive tried more than once to get the others to show by calling Canon and re-submitting the proofs of purchase, etc., but they cant seem to...
  2. Wm

Looking for some advise on these few photos.....

So im very much a beginner and am trying to figure this out. I took a bunch of pictures in this sunset/night trying to get a few good ones. I think I may have even tried Auto - cant remember.... Anyhow, can anyone give me a few pointers on what settings can yield better results? I was...
  3. Wm

PS color settings

Related to another thread... I have been reading M evening's books and made some changes and loaded a recommended color profile. Maybe I missing something - when the profile is saved and loaded and I open a cr2 file, shouldn't the link on the bottom of the pic be the new profile? Here is the...
  4. Wm

All kinds of Adobe questions - Photoshop / Light Room Classic , file structures, importing and best practices.....

So I'll try an make this short and to the point. Pretty new to the hobby(trying to get better that is, not just take a picture)... Until this 7DII Ive always shot in .jpeg. I have now been getting use to M mode and a lot of reading and shooting and have been writing the files in raw - .CR2 -...
  5. Wm

Best way to be nice and make sure your pictures aren’t stolen

So 1st of all I have to start by saying, I’m new at this and not sure what to do.... And it’s certainly not that I think my pictures are worth stealing...... But - I’ve now had multiple classes with 3 different professional photographers. The very 1st one out of the box copied all my pictures...
  6. Wm

Traveling with ProMaster Bag

thought I would ask this to those with more experience than me - almost everyone here! :) I have travelled once or twice now with my camera and the square, padded bag with a handle on the outside and a shoulder strap. Either carried or in the car - never checked. Question - is it okay to...
  7. Wm

HDR files

Wasn’t sure where to put this - here, tech support or HDR picture posts..... Don’t use HDR shooting much, but today I did a few. I write raw to a CF card and jpeg to SD. When I imported my raw pics to PS Lightroom I saw the cr2 files. So, I was looking for my HDR files and did not know how to...
  8. Wm

Backing up SD and CF cards directly from camera to portable drive while traveling

So I’m trying to figure out if there is a way to back up both cards to portable external drive while traveling. No computer, just camera and drive. Can anyone offer help? The canon site does not offer any help that I can find. There are lots of external drives but I can’t find if it is possible...
  9. Wm

WWII show I just popped in on from the parking lot

So I'm still very new here but trying to learn. A few shots I took to practice.
  10. Wm

can "fog" be edited out?

so from a cool inside I went into a hot, humid outside. I know I had to let the camera adjust, but took some shots too quickly ( and of course the 1st ones are the best) and the .jpeg pictures have a fog on the images due to the humidity. is it possible using the canon DPP4 to edit out the...
  11. Wm

odd stuff???

so my camera is only a couple weeks old and when messing with the gps the other week I noticed a small blur while looking in the viewfinder. upon further looking into the lens while on the camera, examining the lens, etc., I noticed a small smudge on the mirror and then some more "stuff"...