Search results

1. C

Theoretical and practical limits of high megapixel cameras.

Being a high resolution senor enjoyer myself, im wondering where the future might take us. Will the pixel counts of modern sensors just increase generation to generation forever? I believe they wont. When i started to photograph, many people were longing for more megapixels, but nowadays the...
  2. C

MTF Charts vs. Sharpness in the field

I have a 135mm f1.8 lens and a 400 f2.8 Lens. While the 400 f2.8 has "perfect" mtf charts and the 135mm f1.8 does not, the 135mm f1.8 shows way more sharpness in a field test. Im talking about the sony lenses here. I tested this with the 61mp a7r iv. I shot a testsubject and framed it the...
  3. C

Question about depth of Field with a 400 f2.8

Im interested in the abiility of the 400 f2.8 to blur the background (for wildlife). But while looking into this with a depth of field calculator i noticed some contradictions. when i type 400mm f2.8 into the dof calculator it says that i get about 62cm of in focus area with a subject at 25m...
  4. C

The rumored "head scratcher" Eos R Camera - arguments for a high mp model.

About one month ago it was rumored that we can expect a new full frame camera from the eos r line, and that it will be a "head scratcher". Much discussion was had about what it could possibly be, and many beleved it may be an astro model. I dont think that will be the case. Canon always have...
  5. C

Eos 80d amazon sale in europe for 710 Euro

This Sale gives further clues for a rather soon arrival of the 90d
  6. C

80d - repair camera or buy another used one?

Unfortunately the shutter of my trusty 80d died after about 175.000 actuations. I sent it in for canon to repair and they gave me an email saying it will cost 470 euro to repair everything. My camera is now about 2 years old and gets used a lot (going out shooting every day i find free time, and...
  7. C

The Future of the 7d and xxD series

The latest rumors suggest that there is gonna be a merge of the 7d and xxd (80d) series to save resources. That means there is only going to be one camera. But how could the 7d series and the xxd series be merged into one camera? Isnt the 7d series basicaly better in any poissible way except the...
  8. C

Experiences with the new "enhance details" in the new lightroom update.

I have tested the feature on multiple pictures and while i didnt see any improvement at first, i did see majoy improvements when i learned when and how to use it. so far i have found that it increases sharpness in files that are already at the sharpnes-limit by smoothing out pixellines. my...
  9. C

Can multiple (or dual) native iso technology be applied to photography?

I have seen the technology in film cameras and used for video recording, but is it also possible to use this for photoraphy? Could this be a useful improvement for cameras like the 7d iii and idx iii?
  10. C

No 7d iii in 2019!

Recently a list of camera certifications for 2019 got posted. There are only 3 cameras that "could" be the 7d iii: the K437 (32 mp dslr) the K435 (24 mp dslr) the K436 (24 mp dslr) It cant be the K437 because there is no way that they are gonna use a 32mp sensor for a high fps sports cam. And...
  11. C

Any new information about the rumored 200-600mm lens?

Over the years there have been quite a few rumors about a 200-600mm lens, some even showed patents. There has been a lot of discussion and the consensus was that a 200-600 f5.6 is not a viable option, because it would get too heavy and too expensive to make. This would mean that canons best bet...
  12. C

The real limiting factor for megapixel count in sport bodys?

So far almost every sport camera kept the megapixel count to arround 20mp no matter if fullframe or aps-c. Now with the 7d III slowly apporaching release im wondering what is actually limiting a sportsbody to go to higher megapixel counts. Previously it was assumed that the megapixel count...
  13. C

Is it realistic for the canon 7d iii to match the image quality of nikon d500?

When you compare Images of the 7d ii with images form the nikon d500 you can see two things in favor of the nikon d500: More sharpness Less noise at high iso I think that canon can match the sharpness of the images of the nikon d500 by removing the AA filter. But iso performance wise it is atm...