Search results

1. A

What lenses are coming next for the Canon RF mount?

Indeed, I can live without the ring. If they can go to F2 with the 40mm pancake, even better!
  2. A

Functionality being added to the Canon EOS R soon after release with firmware update

Personally, I love the idea of them upgrading the camera via firmware upgrades, not just for bug fixes. I've owned two Fuji's and they stayed "current" longer due to multiple upgrades that added additional, meaningful features. I can tell you that it is one of many things that has created...
  3. A

What lenses are coming next for the Canon RF mount?

PANCAKE PLEASE! I want an "actually quite compact" option with this camera. I love the 40mm 2.8 on my 6D...that combo is actually shorter "front to back" than the EOS R with the 35mm 1.8. Just look at a Sony A7 series with the Sony 35mm 2.8 or Samyang equivalent (or the Samyang 24 2.8 for...
  4. A

Functionality being added to the Canon EOS R soon after release with firmware update

As a side note, I was just looking at a comparison on camera size.com between my current "EDC" setup (6D w/ 40mm 2.8 pancake) vs the Sony A7RIII with Sony 35mm 2.8 and the EOS R with 35mm 1.8, and others, link below. http://j.mp/2O04rbS Wow...it's making me really wish for a 35 or 40mm...
  5. A

Got it, thanks. For me, 4k is fun and great for some purposes but I usually prefer 1080 / 60 or 120 because of the smaller file size and because in lower light (indoors, natural), there is less real advantage IMO to 4k. I was pretty surprised to hear about the 4k crop and lack of 1080 / 120...
  6. A

Does the video crop apply ONLY to 4K, or does it apply to 1080 also?
  7. A

Here are the full Canon EOS R specifications

Sorry if I'm late to the party on this; does it have focus peaking? Do any of the "M" cameras have focus peaking? That was actually top three on my list; I use manual focus a lot.
  8. A

Here are the full Canon EOS R specifications

I agree with your statement, particularly because you used the word "historically". The market has changed though, don't you agree? They can charge premium prices, sure, as long as their camera sets the standard for premium. This one doesn't, from what we've seen. It would be a very...
  9. A

Here are the first images and specifications of the Canon EOS R and the new RF mount lenses

Indeed, your 35 f/2 is a great lens. I use the 40 because of its size and my personal travel habits and needs...and it was $100. If it weren't for those factors, I would want the 35 f/2. I'm wondering how the "R" will work out with the 35 1.8 in terms of depth. Might be a great...
  10. A

Here are the first images and specifications of the Canon EOS R and the new RF mount lenses

Correct. IMO stands for "in MY opinion". Similar statement as "to me".
  11. A

Yes, I was thinking that too. I wonder how this would compare, overall, with the new 35mm 1.8 in terms of compactness. While I like the 40, I would like it even more if it were 1.8 ! The macro part doesn't hurt either!
  12. A

I can see where you are coming from. If I carried a photo gear specific bag or shot in a studio I would have little use for a smaller camera. For my purposes, it's great. I carry a briefcase / edc bag everywhere and go into the city a lot with a single bag. I want to ALWAYS have a camera...
  13. A

Yes, it is, absolutely. Your "may not" statement implies uncertainty about what the price will be; I share your uncertainty. I'm not naysaying. All I'm really stating is, let's not pretend that price doesn't matter because "there are no competitors". So yes, it's worth it to me to pay a bit...
  14. A

I think we agree. As long as Canon doesn't get too greedy...I'm in. But the idea that if you have a lot of Canon glass, that there are no real competitors, has been thoroughly disproven my amateurs and professionals alike. For example, the one lens I simply cannot part with is the 17mm...
  15. A

Actually, I agree. I WILL pay more because it is Canon...about $300-$400 more. But definitely not $500-$1400+ more. I understand that for a professional, this isn't as big of a deal, which is why I was commenting in reference to the prosumer market, and it seems to me that Canon would really...
  16. A

It seems that, once the shock and awe wears of just a tad (and to be certain, I am excited), the reality of price point sets in. That's really the question...where will it fall against it's competitors? There will be some "take my money" types, for whom there is no competition, and they've...
  17. A

IF that is the price, I don't think Sony is doomed. A7III is sub 2k. 2k-ish or even $2400 is a really good place to be, for the prosumer market. Nikon Z6 is sub 2k. As much as I want this camera, and to maintain my EF collection, I am not a pro and I don't spend 3k plus. I can get a used...