Search results

1. Danglin52

Canon EOS R5 Mark II Specifications

I will upgrade if AF matches or exceeds the R3/R6 II. Everything else is nice to have for me. I am not interested in global shutter if it has the same limitations as the Sony.
  2. Danglin52

Canon EOS R6 Mark II – Here are some more specifications

Based on the R7 AF improvements from the R3, you will probably see improved AF features in the R6II.
  3. Danglin52

The Canon RF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM appears to be getting closer [CR3]

I am greedy, I want the integrated 1.4x TC even though it would push up the aperture when engaged. My dream was the 200-400/500 + 1.4x TC with the weight/size loss program. I loved my but long and heavy. IQ was great.
  4. Danglin52

Canon EOS R3 and Canon EOS R5 to receive new firmware next week

I am not saying the problem doesn't exist, but I have had my R3 since initial shipment and have not seen either issue. I was in Africa for 17 days last month and not a single glitch or lockup. I had one issue with AF, but that was the extent of the issues I have experienced. Basically, the...
  5. Danglin52

Canon has discontinued the Canon EOS M6 Mark II

This may sound a bit cynical, but you are not going to get a lot of ROI on any camera "investment" unless you are a professional or derive pleasure from using the camera. If you are satisfied with he lenses and accessories available form Canon and 3rd parties, stay with the M and enjoy the...
  6. Danglin52

Canon has discontinued the Canon EOS M6 Mark II

This may sound a bit cynical, but you are not going to get a lot of ROI on any camera unless you are a professional or enjoy shooting the camera. If you are satisfied with he lenses and accessories available form Canon and 3rd parties, stay with the M and enjoy the shooting experience. If...
  7. Danglin52

Canon Releases New (Lacquerware) Lens Hoods

Interesting. They can produce this c*** but they can't deliver hoods for the RF16mm & RF 100-400mm. I have both hoods on backorder. Or is this just a Canon Rumor / Development Announcement?
  8. Danglin52

New Canon EOS R3 orders may take up to 6 months to fulfill

Ordered my September 14th at 10am ET from B&H, no shipment notice yet.
  9. Danglin52

Is September 14 the day we finally get the official Canon EOS R3 announcement?

Actually, a 100mp sensor with a super secret switch in the firmware that allows them to set the size of the output. You never know…………..! :giggle:
  10. Danglin52

Is September 14 the day we finally get the official Canon EOS R3 announcement?

Product concept, Design, Engineering, Marketing, Manufacturing, production, and fulfillment is a long-term cycle that cannot be easily modified at the end of the process without risk of injecting serious defects and chaos. Companies might hold the release of a new product if they feel is it at...
  11. Danglin52

The Canon EOS R3 will eliminate “Lag” and “Blackout” for stills shooters

I haven't found the lag a big problem for wildlife, but the "wake/startup" time you reference is an issue. I shoot with a grip which extends the shooting time but keeping the camera awake stilll burns through batteries. I usually carry 6 LP-E6H batteries in the field and don't usually have an...
  12. Danglin52

The Canon EOS R3 will eliminate “Lag” and “Blackout” for stills shooters

While that might be true for a few generations, tech tends to trickle down in the higher end consumer cameras. We have AF in the R5 & R6 rivaling the 1dx II that we would never have expected. While I don't expect that tech in the lower level R type camera any time soon, I think it will appear...
  13. Danglin52

Exclusive! DPReview confirms what has already been confirmed. The Canon EOS R3 will be 24mp

I shoot wildlife and plan to purchase the R3 as soon as available if the tracking / AF / and rugged body are as rumored. I am more concerned about getting more effective stops of light on the new sensor than whether it has 24 or 45mpx. It would be nice to have the 45mp for crop, but I don’t...
  14. Danglin52

Update: The Canon EOS R3 will be officially announced on June 29th

We will have to see the final specs, but I don't thing there will be many trade offs in the stills side of the camera. I don't know on the vide side, but I think whatever they deliver as the final spec will be robust without too many limitations. Canon took some lumps over the R5 and I think...
  15. Danglin52

The Canon EOS R3 will be officially announced in September

I have been making annual fall trips to Yellowstone and Grand Tetons since 2000. I was so excited when Canon released the R5 because it arrived in time for my 2020 trip (yes, I rolled the dice with COVID). I was even more excited with the June R3 announcement rumor since I thought the R3 would...
  16. Danglin52

Here is a photo of the new kit in a Mindshift 18L backpack (vs the 26L I would take to Africa). This is most of the gear mentioned in the previous post except for the second body (R3) which is represented by the R5 grip. You can either carry the gear with lens attached and ready to shoot or...
  17. Danglin52

I may have been wrong about the EOS R3 official announcement date

Gordon at Cameralabs did a video in the Sam situation.
  18. Danglin52

Thank you for the nice comment on the photos. Hope this helps. I did a presentation for a local photo club and this is the image I included to show my Africa setup. Half of the weight reduction came from eliminating the 200-400 (8lbs). IT was my favorite wildlife lens and one of the most...
  19. Danglin52

Not a big video guy, but hopefully the use of the 1d body style will provide heat management benefits for the R3. So far, the rumors are not touting 8k for the R3. As to the view on weight, every ounce counts when putting a camera pack on an aggressive size / weight loss program. My standard...