Search results

1. M

Interview: Talking with Canon about the EOS R system and its future

Am I counting that correctly? Is this graph suggesting 8 new lenses in 2019?
  2. M

Interview: Talking with Canon about the EOS R system and its future

I thought the 2 EF–EOS R (adapter) notation for 2018 are the two adapters being released right now (normal and with control ring) and the EF–EOS R (adapter) notation for 2019 are the adapters with cpl and nd filters.
  3. M

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R system

I really like this camera. It is everything I wanted, but the price is higher than expected. This really hurts. At 2200 EUR this would have been an instabuy. But now I might have to wait for the first price drop :S
  4. M

Canon RF lens size comparison when mounted to the Canon EOS R body

I am not saying that this is not an extraordinary lens. It would just be even greater with IS. And since we all were hoping for IBIS, this superb lens is where the lack of it hurts me the most.
  5. M

Canon RF lens size comparison when mounted to the Canon EOS R body

I still dont get, why the 28-70 does not have IS. As a wedding photographer this is a no go. 2.8 is only a little slower when it comes to apperture, but with IS compensating for 4-5 stops the 2.8 IS is better suitable. For portraits I have primes going down to 1.4 and which will probably be a...
  6. M

Here’s the full list of gear Canon will announce on September 5

Yes, but they are releasing expensive RF lenses and there is only going to be one camera which you can mount them on for at least six months apparently. So Canon must think this Camera is worth a >1k $ lens, else they would have focused on more affordable lenses for this release.
  7. M

Here’s the full list of gear Canon will announce on September 5

Wow, this took me by surprise. If this holds true Canon goes into the mirrorless market heavy handed. This camera must be really amazing if they think people will pay >1k $ for lenses for it. 28-70 F2 and 50 F1.2 are definitely not going to be typical prosumer lenses when it comes to price range.
  8. M

We were wrong, all of your Canon mirrorless dreams are likely coming true soon

Well if all these things were improved from the 6D2 with an 28 MP sensor, this camera is really close or for some purposes superior to the 5DIV. Of course it is not going to be as reliable as the workhorse 5D4, because it is new tech. Essentially you would have the same features and IQ as the...
  9. M

We were wrong, all of your Canon mirrorless dreams are likely coming true soon

I am really looking forward to this new camera. I just hope Canon is willing to sacrifice sales on the 5D4, because if they cripple this camera to be worse in some way than the 5D4, I do not see it being competitive (okay, it will probably have only one card slot, but that is ok). If its...
  10. M

This is what we know Canon will be announcing for Photokina

After thinking about it, I am guessing that Canon’s new mount to Ef adapter just is not good enough yet. They know that this adapter working 100% is the best bet to make people stay with canon, because the lens ecosystem is Canon’s number one selling point. Sitting on a finished camera and...
  11. M

Canon’s Official Full Frame Mirrorless Announcement Will Come After Photokina [CR2]

Truth be told, I am more of a Canon fanboy than anything else (despite an affection for fuji design). I am just really frustrated with Canon, because they keep disappointing. I have had the money set aside to upgrade my camera for 4 years now, but no camera that was worth being called an upgrade...
  12. M

Canon’s Official Full Frame Mirrorless Announcement Will Come After Photokina [CR2]

I want to see how the fanboys argue against that. Popcorn time!
  13. M

The same tactic as electric toothbrush manufacturers use... give away the tooth brush for almost free and then make money on the refills. I would love to see how much money Canon makes on lenses compared to cameras.
  14. M

I am wondering if they will launch it this year then. Photokina this year is in perfect sync with christmas sales. Like you show your new camera around in september, release it right after, make the first slight sale for christmas. Therefore I assume that if Canon wanted to launch FF mirrorless...
  15. M

More Mentions of a Canon Mirrorless Announcement Ahead of Photokina [CR1]

Boy, would I love to see your work.
  16. M

Thats why Ansel Adams never dodged or burned. He as a master never had to.
  17. M

Sadly, no. If adapted lenses would work 100%, then it would be a close call. What frustrates me about Canon is that the limits they put on their cameras feel arbitrary. Like with the 6D2... they previously released the 5D4 which proved that they can increase dynamic range, but they chose not to...
  18. M

You can keep telling that to yourself. You have no idea what I value, but even you cannot defend canon in reasonable way and thats why you make it personal. Cheap shot! If I want to buy a FF camera with landscape and portraits in mind in 2018 and dont have the money for a top of the line camera...
  19. M

Its one stop in the top of the line, like 5d M4 vs. Sony A7III. But in the 2000 $ range Canon its 2,5 - 3 stops, which is the difference between having a 3 Stop Graduated ND filter or not. As I said, there are situations where you cannot use filters or bracket.
  20. M

I wish Canon had a facetracking feature that could be used while looking through the viewfinder. AFAIK that is not possible with any Canon FF camera, right? Focus peaking while looking through the viewfinder is also something I would love to have. Tell me that is not useful? Your statements...