Search results

1. N

Patent: Canon RF 40mm f/1.8 & Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 optical formulas

I would love a cheap 35mm 1.8 EF-S.
  2. N

Introducing The [CR0], our first branded clothing product

I have enough short sleeve T-shirts but if you ever have long sleeves.
  3. N

It’s been a while, but an APS-C equipped EOS R body gets another mention [CR2]

I use my 7D almost exclusively with the 15-85 EF-S, but I got the 7D as the real successor to the 50D, not for action/birding. I haven’t upgraded to the 7D II because it felt like it was targeted too much in that direction, but I’d still like a 50D/7D successor and not the compromised 90D.
  4. N

OpticalLimits Reviews the Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS Macro STM

It is a little too expensive for what I have always wanted, an APS-C normal to be the equivalent of the 50mm 1.8 for full frame, in EF mount. Guess that dream is probably dead.
  5. N

Announcement details on the 1DX Mark III

Or, you know, the knob for the tripod mount only matches one of them.
  6. N

Ended: Get $2900 in Photography tools for only $89, the bundle includes Aurora HDR 2019, a $99 value on its own!

Oh, I think Aurora HDR is probably good if you need it, but most of the others?
  7. N

Ended: Get $2900 in Photography tools for only $89, the bundle includes Aurora HDR 2019, a $99 value on its own!

Their prices for the individual items certainly seem to come from some fantasy world where the producers wish they would sell for that much.
  8. N

Canon EOS 90D full specifications

And you know this how? You've used one?
  9. N

Canon officially announces the RF 24-240mm f/4-6.3 IS STM

In what world is $899 an entry level price?
  10. N

Rest well Canon EOS 7D series [CR2]

But 24MP FF in an R wouldn’t come close to 7DII reach.
  11. N

Rest well Canon EOS 7D series [CR2]

A new firmware upgrade can't add f8 focus points - there are physical limitations to the design of a focus sensor that means there must be a compromise and firmware upgrades can't grow new hardware.
  12. N

Is the EOS 7D Mark II the last in the 7D series? We’re told that it is [CR1]

Until they add the extra controls dropped from the 50D such as the back joystick I don't think they are comparable.
  13. N

Is the EOS 7D Mark II the last in the 7D series? We’re told that it is [CR1]

So back to where the 50D and below were? I could live with that.
  14. N

Canon’s new instant cameras have leaked ahead of launch

I’d consider it for a version that printed 3x4, but not 2x3 - that’s just too small.
  15. N

Here’s a vague Canon roadmap for 2019 [CR1]

I don’t think mirrorless is ready or capable of competing with PDAF for sports or other high speed photography and hope for a DSLR in the next 7D.
  16. N

Here’s a vague Canon roadmap for 2019 [CR1]

I would like to see the 7D Mark III with improved sensor / DR and less sports focus, more all around best APS-C.
  17. N

Samyang to expand their autofocus lens selection for Canon ahead of CP+

Just hoping for someone to step up and fill in the inexpensive normal lens for APS-C gap Canon has had (28-35 mm F/2 or so) unlike Nikon.
  18. N

Canon EOS RP to cost $1599? [CR1]

Perhaps you have never heard of the GTI?
  19. N

APS-C DSLR lineup to get a shake up? [CR1]

When Canon downgraded after the 50D, I stopped buying xxD line and my next camera was a 7D, but the Mark II was more action focused and didn’t have as good a general purpose sensor as the 80D. If they combine them back, I would hope for a true successor to the 50D and original 7D with their...