Search results

1. P

A bit more about the rumored EOS R for video [CR1]

I have an a7sIII and despite the obvious resolution limitations, it is a fantastic stills camera.
  2. P

Armando Ferreira: Testing out the NEW Canon EOS R5 in a real world production environment.

If people want to use it for production they'll get 2 and swap them or get an active cooling system. It won't be long till the hacks come out if the images are fantastic.
  3. P

Canon EOS R5 pricing is still unknown, don’t believe the reports [CR0]

They'll price it competitively and try to sell some of that pricey RF glass. Thats where the money is.
  4. P

EOS Bonus

I second the RF 35mm IS, shoots well above its pay grade.
  5. P

Replacement: Eos R or 5D Mark IV again?

Short and sweet: I swapped my 5D IV for an EOS R and couldn't be happier. You might like the slightly faster firing rate of the 5DIV better, but maybe a 7DII or used 1dxII would be better for birding all round. IQ between both 5DIV and EOS R is the same. Focusing is better for me on the Eos...
  6. P

Patent: Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM

The III is just a soft refresh of the II version which came out a long time ago, the RF sounds like a brand new design. Lighter, shorter, and presumably sharper and faster focusing. Can't wait to see what comes out of Japan this year!
  7. P

The best of 2018 in gear as selected by our readers

Specs are one thing, the 28-70mm is beautiful and the top in that department. If you're aiming for a comfortable lens that you would take anywhere, all that glass is a burden to hang around your neck all day. the EOS R + 35mm is so light and compact, it might be hard to find a better FF...
  8. P

The best of 2018 in gear as selected by our readers

Surprises me too, my #1 pick. I believe because it was the last RF lens to be available. It’s the most used Lens I have now.
  9. P

Ended: Your favourite new lens from Canon in 2018

Rf 35mm 1.8 is was a home run for size quality and performance to price. My pick for the year!
  10. P

Patent: Sigma 12mm f/2.8 optical formula

I use the Laowa as a real estate Workhorse. It is a great lens and I don't see how the sigma could improve unless it has auto focus.. I use this lens on my EOS are with the adapter and it is flawless I love the focus peaking
  11. P

EOS R - Interface; 15 minute first impressions.

The rf 35mm 1.8 IS is a spectacular lens with a small size and form factor. with the control ring and focus ring I cant imagine a lens getting much smaller and lighter with this IQ. It's the ideal compact traveler for me. Program the control ring as iso and all control issues are gone. I like...
  12. P

Problem with information overlaid in the EVF not showing up at times

I find when I change aperature with the control ring on my rf 24-105 it lags at least a second. Anyone experience this?
  13. P

Mirrorless and Focus Shift

Rf 50 is a fast focus lens as well
  14. P

Review: Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L USM

The EF 85mm 1.4 L IS is unbelievable on the Eos R too, you'll do well if you stick to that one!
  15. P

To IBIS or Not To IBIS

I believe video is where the major difference is notable. IBIS is much smoother when walking with the camera vs Lense IS which can display a lot of jitter. The combination of IBIS+lense IS will be the holy grail. Olympus mastered this with their 300mm pro lens, I suspect Canon will eventually...
  16. P

Two Canon EOS R series bodies coming in 2019 [CR2]

It’s more like a Mirrorless 5d Mark IV without dual card slots. I own both the 5D IV and the eos R. Keeping the Eos R.
  17. P

How are you setting up your EOS R

I've set mine to "Right" and "Absolute" it feels the most accurate and easy to use for me.
  18. P

New diffractive optics super telephoto lenses on the way, with a new twist….. [CR1]

They'll be all ready for the 2020 Olympics in Japan, the year of canon RF.
  19. P

The Canon EOS R will begin shipping to customers on October 9, 2018, if not sooner

I'm impressed with the 85mm 1.4 IS on the EOS R, just fantastic IQ and stable video is amazing if you shoot video.
  20. P

Ready to buy the EOS R, when . . .

That 35mm 1.8 IS should get you close while you wait for a pancake. Can't wait for it to come out!