Search results

1. O

Functionality being added to the Canon EOS R soon after release with firmware update

If it was an easy process, we could expect both Canon and Nikon could introduce better cameras then entry level A7III. What is the relation between the laptop business and camera industry (where Sony has the 50% market share worldwide in imaging sensor business)?
  2. O

Functionality being added to the Canon EOS R soon after release with firmware update

Well, they will need 29 native lenses along with tens of native 3rd party lenses such as Zeiss, Sigma, Tamron, Voigtlander, Rokinon, Meyer, Mitakon, Meike. As far as I know there are 205 lenses which are produced for e-mount by 3rd parties. Let's not forget that there are >100 Sony A-mount...
  3. O

Yep... with 3fps continuous AF & servo :)
  4. O

I'm not jumping into Canon EOS R vagon any time soon (taking into account that no firmware update would add a 2nd memory card slot). Biggest fail ever
  5. O

DPReview: Canon EOS R first impressions with Chris and Rishi

28-70 f2 is a lens with no IS and a huge price tag. Period. 50 f1.2 is huge and it is very expensive for a 50mm. ND filters are meaningless at this point because it is impossible to shoot video with this camera in 4k with 1.67 crop if you don't have a superwide lens. Yes, you buy a 5DMkIV sensor...
  6. O

Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R system

The biggest question for me is how the new camera would drive the old EF-s lenses not only in means of photo resolving ability but also AF speed. Even with native lenses (the prices of the lenses are higher than Sony), AF is limited at servo mode. This is a deal breaker for me.
  7. O

The competitor of Z6 and EOS R is not A7r3, it is A7iii which is much better in almost every aspect than z6/EOS R (and the $1.999 price tag).
  8. O

The price is $2.299 and eye-AF only works in AF-S mode. The lenses are very expensive and the camera itself is also expensive taking into account that it doesn't have IBIS, a very low battery life, single card slot, 1.6 crop in 4K.
  9. O

Eye-AF only on AF-S, no AF-C on high servo... and only 60fps on 1080p? 370 shot battery life... oh, let's not forget the pricing.. $2.299... no way man. This is too much for such a toy. I would give $1.500 at most for this entry level camera.