Search results

1. A

What’s next for the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6?

Things wear over time. My RF24-105/4 makes more noise than the RF24-105/4 we have at work that sits on a shelf that everyone refuses to use. Just keep an eye on it but if it really concerns you, take it to CPS.
  2. A

What’s next for the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6?

That’s IBIS and/or OIS; completely normal.
  3. A

Here’s a full list of what will be announced with the Canon EOS R3 this month

The RF 50mm f/1.8 STM also has a 43mm front filter thread. I love the small profile of it but I do wish it was weathersealed. Inclement weather is the only time I seem to use my L-series lenses now.
  4. A

I may have been wrong about the EOS R3 official announcement date

Haha. No worries. My R5 is still rocking’ for me. I’m honestly waiting for the “R1”; currently work has an R5 and 1Dxiii that are more than enough for promo production while I also rock my personal R5 for my own project outside of work.
  5. A

Update: The Canon EOS R3 will be officially announced on June 29th

We still don’t know the buffer speed as the 1Dxiii is “buffer-less” only restricted by battery and card speed/space. Until we confirm the R3 is also “buffer-less”, the 1Dxiii will remain flagship with its fancy latch-release ultra-weathersealed card door compared to the R3/5’s.
  6. A

Update: The Canon EOS R3 will be officially announced on June 29th

To my knowledge Canon said that this is not a 1D-level camera. Also, the 1Dxii has mismatched card slots when launched between the 1Dx and 1Dxiii (1MarkIV also had mismatched card slots). Personally, I’m waiting for the R1.
  7. A

A new camera not named the R1 is coming in the 2nd half of 2021 [CR2]

"2nd Half" or "2nd Quarter"? It would seem odd that Canon would announce a flagship potentially at the doorstep of the Olympics. I say this because I imagine the Olympics is a great testbed for flagships but photographers would also like to plan their kits (with Canon if possible). That being...
  8. A

The next Canon EOS R5 firmware update is coming soon

I'll believe it when I see a download link. Until then, I'm not holding my breath. Having used the R5 since July, it's been nothing but incredible for both stills and video and I'm still running Firmware 1.1.1.
  9. A

Industry News: Sony FX3 leaks ahead of an official announcement

I really think this will be aimed to be used with Airpeak (Sony cinema UAV) and compliment FX6, FX9, and Venice productions.
  10. A

The next Canon EOS R5 firmware update is coming next month [CR2]

What about the C300iii's DGO? Do you use it often? Also, is there a marked difference between the R5 and C300iii or can you manage with making them match?
  11. A

The next Canon EOS R5 firmware update is coming next month [CR2]

To the OP, I've been part of NDAs with Casey Neistat, Peter McKinnon, and SuperSaf; helping them shoot various vids. NDAs are super important, especially when it's linked to product releases, especially if the final bits and bugs are being worked out. Companies rely on these people not just...
  12. A

Canon cameras that I’m told are coming in 2021

I just want a full frame camera that shoots 4K 10bit 4:2:2 and 45MP stills in a weather sealed body....oh wait, I have the R5 already. Haha. Jokes aside, the next camera I would be excited about would bee a full frame variant of the C70. Full frame DGO would be the bee's knees.
  13. A

Here are different ways to cool the Canon EOS R5, watercooling and more

I agree but I’ve never overheated or hit my temp./rec time limits either since getting mine on July 30. I honestly thought that everyone else’s units were defective.
  14. A

The next major firmware updates for the EOS R5 and EOS R6 will come in Q1 of 2021 [CR2]

The only thing that would make me jump ship from Canon is if ARRI made a “Komodo”-like camera.
  15. A

The next major firmware updates for the EOS R5 and EOS R6 will come in Q1 of 2021 [CR2]

Hahaha. I know what you mean. That being said 4K 10bit 4:2:2 Canon Log in the 1Dxiii and R5 are such a joy already.
  16. A

There was a lot of confidence in this rumor coming for this update to be launched this month. Again, I didn’t hold my breath but the sliding time table is to note and I’m wondering if this was due in part to the delayed release of the C70 which is just now shipping to customers.
  17. A

Firmware: Canon EOS R5 v1.2.0

The 5D4 log update was a software update too. Knowing that the newer Canon logs are Canon’s bread and butter with the DR benefits of Canon Log 2 and “Goldilocks” happy-medium of Canon Log 3, I don’t see Canon freely giving this up via an online firmware update. I honestly thing it will be a...
  18. A

Firmware: Canon EOS R5 v1.2.0

I wouldn't hold my breath. Even so, we'd probably have to send our R5s to CPS for that update; just like the log update for the 5D4.
  19. A

Industry News: Sony to enter the drone market with Airpeak

I think Canon did the opposite and shot for internal 10-bit 4:2:2 and internal RAW capabilities instead with the RF line, emphasizing a compact and weather resistant system.
  20. A

Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 STM specifications

Don't sell your EF lenses. They're still highly versatile and have "character" like the gen 1 70-200/2.8L IS....at least, that's what I keep telling myself.