Search results

1. Randywayne

Canon Announces That The Powerful Professional Full-Frame EOS R3 Mirrorless Camera Is On Its Way

I held off on buying the R5 (still love my 5D Mark IV, along with a Sony A7 III). I just want to know the price. If it is a little North of the R5, which I expect, I am all in, but if it is priced in 1DX territory, then, well, not gonna happen.
  2. Randywayne

Will the Canon EOS R5s come with a pixel shift like feature? [CR2]

Given that this is not video focused I hope to God that the duel card slots are both SD. It would be prohibitively expensive to have to "load up" on CFast cards for such a high MP body.
  3. Randywayne

Deal: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Bundles at Adorama

So no CF cards with any of the above bundles.
  4. Randywayne

Canon again mentions a Pro EOS R body, with IBIS and dual card slots

If they are in the "considering it" stage does that mean it's 3 to 4 years out?
  5. Randywayne

I have seen the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III, and I can tell you what I saw.

Whenever I get one of those in my head I just think of the Stanford & Son theme.
  6. Randywayne

ON1 Photo RAW 2020 is now available

I really like it and have been using their products since they were named "Photo Tools".
  7. Randywayne

Canon Announces Two New Entry-Level Binoculars Featuring Lens-Shift Image Stabilization

I'm happy with my $99 pair of Bushnells -and they're waterproof! :) No IS though.
  8. Randywayne

Canon officially announces the EOS 90D and EOS M6 Mark II

I don't recall a whole lot of people actually being happy with Peter Jackson choosing to shoot The Hobbit movies at 48p. In fact if you saw any of them in a theater that supported that format it looked like you were watching an early 80's episode of Doctor Who on the BBC.
  9. Randywayne

Canon officially announces the EOS 90D and EOS M6 Mark II

The first images I've seen from both camera's look really really good, without having blown them up to 100% yet that is. I'm really leaning towards the M6 II with my only issue being that I don't "need" it. LOL I already have my mirrorless bases covereed with the a7III and my main work horse...
  10. Randywayne

Canon EOS 90D full specifications

I'm just waiting to see the first real world sample photos. I use my 5D IV daily and also shoot with my a7III quite a bit but would love another Canon APS-C body, if for no other reason than to use a couple of favorite EF-S lenses that have been collecting dust for a couple of years now.
  11. Randywayne

Amazon Accidentally Sold $13,000+ Camera Gear for $100 on Prime Day

Knowing it was a glitch, I don't think I could get myself to 'take advantage of something like that.
  12. Randywayne

Industry News: Sony Introduces the High-resolution A7R IV with World’s First 61.0 MP Back-illuminated, Full-frame Image Sensor

Last August I took my a7III on an Alaskan cruise (had my Canon with me as well) and it was my favorite camera to use aboard the ship and even some non-harsh environmental excursions. My favorite paring was with my Canon 17-40mm f/4. This lens NEVER impressed me on any of my Canon bodies but...
  13. Randywayne

Industry News: Sony Introduces the High-resolution A7R IV with World’s First 61.0 MP Back-illuminated, Full-frame Image Sensor

Exactly. I use my 5D mark IV for 90% of my shooting and didn't "angrily sell all my Canon gear!" but rather picked up an a7III (and MC-11) and happily enjoy both worlds.
  14. Randywayne

Sony's headquarters Management/Marketing: "We want you to bring us a camera that will sell for $3500 US." (2 years later) Engineers: "Here you go!" Management/Marketing: "Whoa!" Canon's headquarters Management/Marketing: "We want you to bring us a camera that will sell for $3500 US." (3...
  15. Randywayne

Canon Announces Development of New CMOS Sensor with High Dynamic Range and Ability to Capture Images Under Harsh Conditions

Sounds like a sensor specifically designed for Moon, Mars, and satellite imagery.
  16. Randywayne

Is a brand new 32.5mp APS-C sensor from Canon on the way? [CR1]

I shot with a 7D II for a few years as well and always felt like less than half of the pictures I took were ever "acceptably" sharp and VERY few were tack sharp. (My 5D IV is MUCH better!) It does seem like the AA filter should take much of the blame but also felt like I had a less than...
  17. Randywayne

The Canon EOS Rebel SL3/200D II/250D/Kiss X10 is coming very soon. Images & specifications leak ahead of the official announcement

Don't know what the price is going to be but I may be tempted if it is reasonable. My daily workhorse is the 5D IV and also love using my a7III, but would love a nice (fairly weatherproof) light weight DSLR with an APS-C sensor so I can start using one my favorite lenses again, the EF-S 55-250...
  18. Randywayne

Deal: Refurbished Tamron lenses at Adorama

Sold out. :(
  19. Randywayne

The rest of 2019 for Canon will be about updating dated product lines [CR2]

The 7D III is really the body I've been waiting for, for far too long. A better (than the 7D II) APS-C sensor with hopefully no AA and the same rugged body with better focusing. I never really liked my 7D II since a majority of photos always ranged from "a bit soft" to completely out of focus...