Search results

1. D

Here is the Canon RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM

I guess you never took a hike with you F2.8 collection. The EF F4 L lenses were built with the same quality but half price and half weigth. I would not expect this to be any different.
  2. D

Here is the Canon RF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM

Probably it will be the "little sibling" like the EF 70-200 F4 L. That old EF lens has great image quality. All RF lenses are very sharp, so probably this new one will be great too in all aspects. The main decision should be other factors like budget and use case.
  3. D

Canon EOS M50 Mark II announcement is likely this week

Well, well, well, looks like the M mount is dead (sarcastic). The M50 EVF is fine, it just lacks color calibration, that's why it looks a bit washed out. Also specs about dot count alone does not tell you about the liveview resolution. On sony cameras I saw high resolution viewfinder with...
  4. D

The manual for the Canon EOS RP is now available for your reading pleasure

Jared and many other youtubers just does not know how Canon cameras work. If you switch over to PAL you get 25 and 50 fps, see at 6:44
  5. D

Canon Inc. full year 2018 financial results, and thoughts on the industry and future goals

I work in electronics industry and I know that such middle volume high complexity manufacturing is expensive. I have also the same opinion, that Sony camera division must be not or barely profitable.
  6. D

IBIS and 100mp coming to an EOS R camera? [CR2]

Most L lenses look terrible on m43 with regular adapter (those without focal reducer lens aka speedbooster)
  7. D

IBIS and 100mp coming to an EOS R camera? [CR2]

Just my thoughts: For 100 megapixel FF sensor only some of the L lenses will provide acceptable sharpness. With the same pixel density we should get a 40 megapixel APSC sensor. I guess this makes no sense because most APSC lenses are not sharp enough even for 24 megapixels.