Search results

1. Cryhavoc

Update: The Canon EOS R3 will be officially announced on June 29th

It will be...just not at launch. Give it a year and it will be cheaper and keep an eye out for trade ins at your local shop.
  2. Cryhavoc

Update: The Canon EOS R3 will be officially announced on June 29th

If you want to get real close to birds with the R3, Canon will happily sell you some nice telephoto glass coupled with a tc for just a few bucks more :)
  3. Cryhavoc

Skylum shows off adaptive templates for Luminar AI

I received Lum 4 free when I purchased a couple Fuji lenses. I would otherwise not own Lum4 because of the lack of GPU processing
  4. Cryhavoc

Skylum shows off adaptive templates for Luminar AI

I have Luminar 4 and have been using Luminar since the first release of 3 but stopped using it since it is too slow as compared to others. I'm running 32gb of ram and an AMD 3900x so I have plenty of processing power and Ssd's and nvme drives as well. One thing is for certain..Luminar needs to...
  5. Cryhavoc

Skylum aims to reinvent traditional photo editing, announces LuminarAI

Get a shark fin style mouse. It helps tremendously with wrist fatigue. Doesn't take long for it to feel normal either.
  6. Cryhavoc

2019 global camera market share numbers are out, Canon leads the way

I am fortunate to have both Glazer's and Kenmore camera within 30 minutes drive.
  7. Cryhavoc

Teardown: The Canon EOS R5 gets an autopsy

True but thermal paste can dry and loose its transfer ability over time. Not good to build in a maintenance item that would require a trip to the service facility in 5 years. High content silver paste requires many heat/cool down cycles before it becomes most effective. Head pads are the least...
  8. Cryhavoc

Gerald Undone completes exhaustive record time testing on the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6

Turned off due to a dead battery since it was used over 2.5 to 3 hours?
  9. Cryhavoc

Preorder: Canon EOS R5, Canon EOS R6 and new lenses

Just go Godox or Flashpoint and you'd be all set :)
  10. Cryhavoc

ReImagine: Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6 live stream announced

Just stop. 9million dot evf is not even necessary and it will be a battery sucker
  11. Cryhavoc

There are still surprises in store for the Canon EOS R5 announcement [CR2]

and several other mirrorless camera's. My bet is it's pixel shift as others have mentioned. Only because not one word has come out about pixel shift. I think Canon takes it to 11 and gives the shooter the ability to determine how many shifts they want the camera to make.
  12. Cryhavoc

Canon EOS R5 pricing in Europe may have leaked [CR2]

seems like it could be cheaper to grab an inexpensive flight to the US, pandemic aside, and purchase the camera hardware here. Or alternatively, in a nearby country that does not have the large price increases over what the camera costs elsewhere.
  13. Cryhavoc

Unless I am uninformed, tax is collected by every major online retailer now regardless if they have a physical store within your state. Exception may be those states without a state sales tax like Oregon.
  14. Cryhavoc

In what country?
  15. Cryhavoc

Far more than that. Many states sales tax percentage varies county to county
  16. Cryhavoc

Canon EOS R5, Canon EOS R6 and new lens SKU and kit information

They did but not at Release. I bought mine in Nov 2018 and it did not come with the adapter. I think they bundled it for a period of time by Summer 2019 ish.
  17. Cryhavoc

SIGMA will announce a 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS shortly

The size and weight difference is pretty big. I carried both on day trips on Kauai. After the first day, the 150-600 stayed in the room since the 100-400 on my Eos R was good enough and definitely lighter to haul around all day. The bigger lens was used when we weren't going to be travelling all...
  18. Cryhavoc

SIGMA will announce a 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS shortly

Looking forward to the L mount version. Been contemplating the Ef version with an adapter. Now I can look forward to the native version
  19. Cryhavoc

Adorama introduces the Adorama Edge credit card

the payboo is great, for the tax savings, provided one pays off the balance before that 29.99% rate hits. yeesh, be careful with these cards.
  20. Cryhavoc

Major Canon announcements coming in June & July [CR3]

I know he deleted that post, but what a myopic statement he made. It's as if, to him, that Covid is the only disease out there causing grief. Not like there are millions of people helping loved ones go through cancer or heart disease. I haven't experienced any loved ones or friends go through...