Search results

1. shawn

Industry News: Rumored specs for the Sony FX3 are here, it’s an A7S III on steroids

I would get the C70, R5 is great if you know what you're doing though. The fx3 is probably also great, but is it better than the R5?
  2. shawn

Industry News: Rumored specs for the Sony FX3 are here, it’s an A7S III on steroids

You are right, the C70 is too good to be used next to an R5, or an a7s III, or an fx3, it's in another league from all those cameras. I guess you can just buy 2 of them if you need 2 since they're only $5,000 and idiot Sony is charging $3,500 for a POS a7s III. By the way I wouldn't touch a Sony...
  3. shawn

Delays seem to be the name of the game for 2021

Good question! It's the contracting market. Canon had huge sales just a few years ago, they're trying to maintain profits while selling less gear. Canon lens designers are superior to Tamron and Sigma, it costs money to have superior talent. Also think about this, Canon builds out entire camera...
  4. shawn

The C70 is cooler IMO and it has unlimited shooting, built in ND filters, 16+ stops of DR. One thing I love about the R5 is the crop mode 4k and you have that with the C70’s Super 35 sensor plus you can essentially shoot FF with a speed-booster that turns an f/4 lens into f/2.8. Who REALLY needs...
  5. shawn

Delays seem to be the name of the game for 2021

I agree completely, if Canon is doing one thing wrong with RF it is that they are remaking too many of the EF lenses. If you look at the performance of the RF 70-200 f/4 it is so close to flawless it makes you think they could have gone for a bigger range and kept the quality within the...
  6. shawn

Canon releases their full 2020 financials, beat expectations

I would also not discount the Sony a1 too much, it is better than the R5 at a lot of things and the reality is right now that people are buying things based on specs and youtube reviews, both of which Sony is great at looking good in. I'm sure they will have reviews galore saying this or that a1...
  7. shawn

An update on the Canon 2021 roadmap [CR2]

They're barely making enough lenses for demand as is, pretty sure they will be working hard to meet the demand for current cameras and lenses through most of the year. Fitting new product into the lineup when they're not even meeting current demand is kind of silly.
  8. shawn

A Canon Speedlite EL-10 is coming in 2021 [CR2]

Here's my thoughts on the EL-1 flash head. Yes it is very, very good. But 170 flashes in a row as the limit? It's not entirely beyond the realm of possibility to hit that, not at all. I find that limit to be semi-professional at best. So I have to agree with you on this flash, it is overpriced...
  9. shawn

If it is a secret, then a secret it must remain.
  10. shawn

Now your claiming that shopping in a European store is buying in the usa?? Lol, ****** off dude.
  11. shawn

Jinbei could be rebranding the Westcott specced product. You assume otherwise, but you could be wrong. ARRI doesn't make lenses or design them. It's all built to their specifications by foreign (to them) companies. I hope that makes sense to you as to how Westcott could come out with this...
  12. shawn

That is the rumor but in actual fact they're a little different. Whether Jinbei has decided to take what they made with Westcott and "rebrand" it under their own or other brands is probably either a typical China thing or a part of the agreement that Westcott has with Jinbei regarding these...
  13. shawn

I used to think HSS was a thing as well, turns out it is not a thing, it is a big fat nothing. With an AD-600 you won't get anywhere near full power with HSS enabled which kind of defeats most purposes in using HSS in the first place. And people seem to forget that you can get the same effect...
  14. shawn

I hate Godox. I had two AD200's and sold them on eBay. I didn't even push them that hard. The last straw was shooting a wedding and they locked up randomly and had to be restarted. They seemed to get worse and worse the more I used them as well. A few times I went out and they fired...
  15. shawn

Is Sony going to beat Canon to the ‘Pro’ mirrorless camera punch?

Some Pros will always want a 1 series body. But the fact is it may be an anachronism in 2020. Explain to me why we need an even bigger camera body?
  16. shawn

Is Sony going to beat Canon to the ‘Pro’ mirrorless camera punch?

Is this type of camera even relevant anymore? I contend that they aren’t. Oversized and overpriced is what this will be. It’s just another scam to take more money from “pros”.
  17. shawn

Rumored Canon EOS M7 camera specifications, and the end of the line for EOS M? [CR1]

I agree, Canon made a mistake with the EOS 7D series... they never should have released it. Now the expectation from some customers is that they should be able to get high end performance from a low end price point, just because of APS-C. I think this expectation is outmoded in 2020 which is...
  18. shawn

Rumored Canon EOS M7 camera specifications, and the end of the line for EOS M? [CR1]

The problem with RF doing duty as an M replacement is that the mount is much larger than M-mount and any RF camera lens combo is going to be a lot bigger than an equivalent M even if Canon adds an APS-C RF mount camera.
  19. shawn

Teardown: The Canon EOS R5 gets an autopsy

This thing is jam packed with tech. To truly solve the heating issue in this form factor probably requires technological advancement in semiconductors, not much Canon could do by the looks of it. Sure they could engineer something crazy but the issue will be solved in time by the technology...