Search results

1. A

Is the RC ie R crop competition to Z 50 coming?

OP, This makes no sense... The Canon EOS M line is clearly the Z50 competitor... Hence Z50? EOS M50? If Canon make a RF Mount crop sensor camera, it will be as a 7D update, so it won't compete with the Z50 etc
  2. A

Letter to Canon

I don't get some of the hate in the replies. There's no reason to be sour for the sake of it. OP has a reasonable request here. I don't think he is flaming Canon, he is just asking for L quality 1.8 lenses. Honestly what's wrong with that? I would buy a 1.8 L in heartbeat. Weather sealed...
  3. A

IBIS is coming to select next generation Canon DSLRs [CR2]

drag to focus is better for me in almost every situation. any other situations, I use the directional keys in conjunction with the rear screen drag to focus.
  4. A

A Canon RF 16-28mm f/2L USM is coming [CR1]

It's not just a stop of light though - it's a "look". Shallower DoF at all those focal lengths... An F2 zoom is not just about the extra stop of light. It's a lens that can provide portraits with context at 28mm, or isolation at 70mm. It is very versatile.
  5. A

EOS R AF with 1.2.0 firmware

hmm, can you descibe some specific scenarios in which you've used it that caused trouble so that I can try replicate and see if I get the same problem?
  6. A

with the price of RF L glass might as well jump to Fuji gfx?

The GFX 50 R does not look like a nice camera to me. The GFX 100 seems to be the least I would expect before I jump ship. I considered the jump too, but the pre-GFX 100 cameras are just too clunky, with disappointing ergos and AF. I'll reiterate though, the GFX 100 is absolutely stunning. I...
  7. A

Canon’s roadmap for 2019, included an EOS R camera that no one is expecting? [CR2]

To be honest, instead of giving a DAMN about video features, just give us a decent continuous shooting speed. 8 fps with live view and af/ae. Remove the useless cropped 4K completely. Then we wouldn't complain because it is clearly a PHOTOGRAPHY camera with optional 1080p video. Instead they...
  8. A

Unreleased Canon Cinema EOS camera used for 8K capture at WWDC

Clearly Canon can do video, but even more clearly, Mac and Canon working together just seems so damn fitting. $$$
  9. A

RF lenses I want

RF 35mm 1.8L RF 50mm 1.8L Light, compact, and excellent wide-open performance for travel. Something like the Nikon Z lenses or Fuji lenses, which perform very well wide open. The current 35 1.8 is a jack-of-all-trades kind of lens that I honestly only enjoy using at 2.8. At 1.8 there is so...
  10. A

Canon’s roadmap for 2019, included an EOS R camera that no one is expecting? [CR2]

Head scratcher means it is going to be a camera that people on forums are gonna crucify. Hope the rumour isn't true, Canon images are my favourite but at some point all the negative publicity is going to affect the company... If the rumour is true, it isn't very good news at all :(
  11. A

Canon EOS R firmware version 1.2.0 announced

SO happy... Thank you for listening, Canon.
  12. A

The future of the Canon EOS-1D X series [CR1]

Nikon did the same thing. However, they don't even have pro glass. If we're talking dual card slots, then neither of them are pro. If we're talking photography, both are on the same level. Nikon has better video but some people don't care about that. Pro video is clearly not what Canon was...
  13. A

Review: Canon EOS RP by DPReview

How do we know if this is even coming? To me it seems like it isn't coming. By the way I am currently holding on to a R body that I am considering returning because the slow-mo is just so sad. I really wanted to like this camera but how can one condone such an obviously deficient product...