Search results

1. M

Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT replacement coming soon [CR2]

"Yeah, tough luck. But they didn’t do that to spite you." But they do spite me. They could give update-price for A1-clients. "Old news. They fixed that with the A1X. " Too late for me. At 1000 bucks I am precise and meticulous. Profoto told me all is so super perfect and I took her at her...
  2. M

I own the A1 and I know the accessories very well. A few weeks after I invested 1000 bucks, Profoto reduced the price to 500 bucks. That is the first major nuisance. The magnets are very bad, at least at events with a lot of people and crowds the magnet-tools are not needed. And that's what...
  3. M

That's right. But what use is a flash if it is not compatible. The A1X is currently not compatible with the new Canon cameras. So I'm looking forward to the new Canon flash
  4. M

Another point is the poor support from Profoto. They don't say if and when the A1 will be fully compatible with the Canon 1DX III. The mirrorless cameras are also only compatible to a limited extent. I don't think the new Canon R5 will be compatible either with Profoto A1 / A1x. I think...
  5. M

Yes, the statement with " the toy" is exaggerated. I have 3 A1 and was very enthusiastic at first. But I recognized the weaknesses in rough use. Nice if these errors are fixed with the A1x. Why they dont find the errors earlier ? With the high prices, you can probably expect that. So should I...
  6. M

I understand you. The battery is of course a big advantage over Canon flashes and makes working at events much easier. But A1 / A1X also has many disadvantages or design errors, so you can easily lose the magnetic attachments, I don't want to speak of the overpriced price. The main disadvantage...
  7. M

I strongly doubt that. The Profoto A1 / A1X is a toy, but not for professionals. The attachments with magnets fall off easily, especially at events, and the head is not good fixed if you quickly switch to portrait format. The only good thing is the battery. The A1 and A1X are not compatible...
  8. M

Comparing the EOS-1D X, EOS-1D X Mark II & EOS-1D X Mark III

I think most of the target group the full frame is more important than DPAF. Professional cameramen prefer manual focusing anyway. There will never be a camera that can do everything. You must buy the C500 II and you have your wishes.
  9. M

Is there still hope that we see in-body stabilization in the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III?

I want to contradict. I hope Canon does not listen to you. I hope for a good IBIS. The development is already completed anyway. You have to talk to Canon earlier. I talked to Canon staff 2 years ago. The majority of 1DX customers want both, photo and video. Photojournalists and wedding...
  10. M

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III field testing has begun [CR2]

Yes, certainly a longer test is better. I had the camera for an hour to test in the hand and have only these impressions. I did not understand how to set the focus point quickly with just the right hand and without putting the camera off the eye. The Canon presenter had no idea. With a 1DX II...
  11. M

Canon organizes presentations. And there I could test the R . I had the idea to buy a lighter camera. But after testing, I decided to keep the 1DX II, even if it's heavier. The disadvantages of R are too big. It takes far too long to focus and take a picture. And for that you need two hands. My...
  12. M

Because of the poor autofocus function, I did not buy the R. In the harsh photo everyday, I have to be able to focus and trigger very quickly with one hand. A 1DX II is the R superior in all respects.