Search results

1. Y

The RF mount “Holy Trinity” should be ready to ship before the end of July 2019 [CR2]

Exactly. Pro photographers have always relied on redundancy. Professional film cameras allowed you to insert two rolls of film for this exact reason. :p
  2. Y

The RF mount “Holy Trinity” should be ready to ship before the end of July 2019 [CR2]

I'm super geeked that these lenses could be available so soon. I was preparing myself for a long summer of being "stuck" with the 24-105. I'm all in on that chubbster of a 70-200. Also, y'all talking about "wasting" good lenses on non-pro bodies are so cringy. Go be wrong somewhere else. Maybe...
  3. Y

Big Canon EOS R price drop, save up to $500 and still get the EF-RF adapter for free

It's a discount, provided by the manufacturer, for a set period of time. It's a sale. Arguing otherwise is just pedantry. The A7R3, via a Sony program, was discounted by $300 just months after its release. It could have easily been excluded from the promotion, but it wasn't. The A7III was...
  4. Y

Big Canon EOS R price drop, save up to $500 and still get the EF-RF adapter for free

Not totally correct. Sony just does this stuff differently. Sony has annual rebates for the bulk of their camera lineup every March. The A7III had $200 off as a "trade-in bonus" from Sony this year. In 2018, both the A9 and the recently released A7R3 were part of the program. They released the...
  5. Y

Ah yes, because the R has a rebate Canon mirrorless is clearly failing. Nevermind that literally every March Sony rebates all of their cameras by hundreds of dollars.
  6. Y

Canon RF 85mm f/1.2L USM coming May 9, 2019

I would love to have that 70-200 to use this summer. I need it! :D Also, don't worry about the order of that list. It's just primes and zooms in numerical order.
  7. Y

Patent: Canon RF 70-200mm f/4

RE: telescoping on the 70-200 2.8 This isn't exactly right. The prototype at The Photography Show 2019 clearly had a zoom lock switch. As for both in terms of exact dimensions: don't read too much into the specific of patents. That stuff changes all of the time.
  8. Y

Patent: Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM

I'd take the exact patent measurements with a grain of salt. Especially since it has already shrunk compared to the last patent post. When at 70mm, it definitely does not appear to be only less than 2 inches shorter than the EF 70-200 v3. Also, these numbers show the RF lens being longer that...
  9. Y

No new EOS R body shipping in 2019 [CR2]

If Canon could just get that chubby RF 70-200 out sooner rather than later, I'd be all in on this system. I was able to shoot with the RP for a week and I really enjoyed it. I'm hoping to pick up an R next. That said, Canon is really missing an opportunity to push the R-series into the pro...
  10. Y

The next EOS R system camera gets a mention again [CR1]

I was hoping for the photojournalism/sport camera .. but I'll try and be excited for you pixel peepers and all of your new hard drives waiting to be filled. ;) I think I'll be happy using the R or the RP until that camera arrives. Gotta start getting those sweet RF lenses.
  11. Y

Review: Canon EOS RP by DPReview

I mean, if we're comparing older generations, you could get a lot of high performing FF cameras at a low price. But talking current gen the RP is unmatched. Comparisons to the A7II are completely overblown. I shot with an A7II for a couple of years. In 2019, it's not a camera that I'd recommend...
  12. Y

Review: Canon EOS RP by DPReview

Decent review, some overdramatized critcisim at points. Somehow, this camera is becoming the biggest underdog of 2019. It's the cheapest mirrorless FF. Unreal that it gets the heat it does. It fills the space that an actual successor to Sony's A7II would have filled. Anyways, a point that seems...
  13. Y

Canon EOS RP w/RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM in stock and ready to ship

Lok just put up a CP+ video and there's a GOLD version of the RP coming in mid-March. It's terrible and I want it.
  14. Y

Canon EOS RP w/RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM in stock and ready to ship

It's taking a lot of self-control to not order this now and have it tomorrow. I just need to sell off my Sony gear first. :ROFLMAO: