Search results

1. B

A month with the EOS R

Its been about a month or five weeks since I got the EOS R, and I'm trying to find the right words to describe just how I feel, without coming off as a fanboy or just gushing over things. What I like - Focuses in light that the 5D3 and 5D4 cannot, with lenses they wouldn't dare to even try...
  2. B

Focus issue: 300/4.0L (non-IS)

All my lenses work great on my R (and 5D series bodies too), except I finally took out the 300/4L, the old non-IS version, and it won't give me good focus on the R. I did some testing, and here's what I found: Autofocus - no matter the spot, one shot of course, and its pretty much off. I...
  3. B

RP going back, unopened

The R is a nice camera. The RP is.... less than even what I expected for the low price. Mine's not due in until Monday, but the local Best Buy had one out to fondle. The viewfinder really doesn't cut it for me. Very hard to see with glasses, while I have no issue at all with the R. Ah well.
  4. B

RF series microlenses....

Excuse me for asking. But I can't seem to shake the idea of the EOS R/RP cameras, using the sensors of the 5DmkIV and 6DmkII, with "microlens adjustment" to compensate for the shorter back focal distance, are less than optimal with lenses of a longer back focal distance. Here I am shooting...