Search results

1. L

Review: Canon RF 15-30mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM

Well recently I want on a big trip... Singapore, Australia, Tokyo and then back to Europe. I ended up taking an X-T4 with the sigma 18-50 f2.8 and the XF 70-300. The whole kit weighted what the R5 + 24-105 would. I can't imagine having gone on such a family vacation carrying the likes of the R5...
  2. L

Canon EOS R5 Mark II Specification make the rounds

Sorry but everything you are saying makes it seem like you are all over the place. Why would the R5 be an almost camera while you would consider the A7CR? You say you are mostly a portrait oriented shooter while sports and wildlife kinda being on the side. The R5 shoots after than the A7R or...
  3. L

Review: Canon RF 15-30mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM

Damn dude… harsh just harsh… but you are pretty much saying the same damned thing I have been saying. I wouldn’t mind dropping some serious cash on middle of the road lenses. I used to own some batis lenses, some ZA lenses like the 55 f1.8 ZA once upon a time when I was on the Sony system before...
  4. L

New rumor of Supertelephoto DO’s and the R1 [CR2]

I think that the camera manufacturing and lens manufacturing are separate. Only thing they kind of have in comment would be things like flex prints and the fact that they both use chips. But those chips are no the same. Choosing to not make lenses or not make cameras would not effect the other...
  5. L

Venus Optics announces the Laowa Argus 45mm f/0.95 FF for the RF mount

It doesn’t say… but I assume this is a MF and not an AF lens.
  6. L

Canon has released an interactive brochure for the Canon EOS R3

regarding the battery… it may be convenient for obvious reasons, but canon still doesn’t match sony when it comes to battery life. So I’m that respect having the flash draw power out of the camera’s battery is also inconvenient. battery performance has generally been my main issue with canon...
  7. L

The Canon EOS R3 will cost €6099, still waiting on USD pricing

Well prices in Europe include the tax while in the US it doesn’t. So you can’t just fly to NYC. You would have to order the camera from out of NY state and have it delivered to where you will be stating in NYC to avoid taxes completely (this changed though right? So you would have to order from...
  8. L

The Canon EOS R3 will be $5999 USD

Why?? The fact that they didn’t means than the R1 will be superior to this camera. Just cause it seems to be on par or better than Sony’s A1 (MP wars adie) doesn’t mean that canon should make it their flagship, especially if they have a better cam in the works.
  9. L

Review: Canon RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM

End of it all it comes down to price. Close to 2k is steep… really steep. If this lens was priced closer to the original 16-35 then I think there would be less issues for people. when the price of A product goes as high as this one we inevitability start to ask ourselves why…. Main question…...
  10. L

Review: Canon RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM

Nailed it... You are the first to point out the fact that MILC allows for the lens to be corrected in real-time. This is also the reason for always on IS rather than just when you take the shot. As for other ppls comments about the loss of mm after correction, we already know from other...
  11. L

Canon officially announces the RF 14-35mm f/4L IS USM

The $1700 pricing is indeed an issue. To me at least pricing is also a matter of comparisons. At B&H the EF 16-35 can be had for $1100 The RF 15-35 f2.8 is about 0.5 lb heavier and can be had for $2300. Though the 14-35 gains 1 mm on the side end, it is 2x slower than the 15-35. It makes it...
  12. L

Here is the Canon EOS R3

Ah ok. With the pair of front fn buttons customized for immediate posting to Instagram or facebook as default settings
  13. L

Here is the Canon EOS R3

I’ll take a crack at it. R3 would imply a set up to the R5. So not just a high MP body or something like that, and since when is a double grip for a more landscape oriented camera? Unless it is somehow for fashion. But generally a series high than the5 series and the double grip would imoly...
  14. L

Here is the Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro

Of the all of the lens elements move forward and backwards then that is the equivalent of moving the whole lens closer and further from the sensor. Thus extension is tubes equivalent. as die bracketing there is simply no way around it. You need multiple shots to capture the DOF you want. Only...
  15. L

Kickstarter: This Revolutionary Camera Battery will Lighten Your Bag and Change the Way You Shoot

Ya the loads and heavy batteries put up the red flag for me. Most generally the weight for X amount of shooting with batteries would be the same regardless of the battery. Most generally the reason why so h hits those high photo counts isn’t because of some battery voodoo but because of the...
  16. L

Are you looking for fast autofocus prime lenses for your EOS M camera? Viltrox may have what you want

Think is that covers 11 to 200 mm, and is likely all the target audience needs. Not that I agree with it of course. But since I like a 50 on FF as an all arounder/walk around I have often been tempted to simply by a M mount camera and that 32 f1.4 for my every day camera/lens combo and call it...
  17. L

Potential Canon EOS R Mark II specifications [CR1]

Oh? So you think that sony should slate something between the A7 line and the A7R line because currently 60+MP vs 24MP is an even bigger gap than 20 vs 45. Most point out that the actual detail difference between 20 and 24 is small. With the market shrinking on top of it all it wouldn't make...
  18. L

Lens design comparison: Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM and the Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 STM

FL is from the optical center of the lens to the optical center. They cover it quite well here: https://photographylife.com/what-is-focal-length-in-photography#definition-of-focal-length And just as they imply in there, things can get complicated real fast once you dive into the physics of it...
  19. L

I do am fine with that, but then my opinion is that canon should also have a mid range option sometime. 200 vs 2700 dollar options is a massive gap. Same goes for size. Think they would be able to sell a good F1.4 well. In particular to R6 and R5consumers
  20. L

Look... personally I loved the ZA 55. I had hoped that canon would give me a good quality weather sealed and internally focusing 50. The ZA 55 was my walk around lens when I had the A7III, and I was wishing for a good one for RF. So... I am disappointed. My comment was mainly that it wasn't...