Search results

1. R

Firmware v1.2.0 seems to have solved a banding issue that was present in the Canon EOS R

I've seen the banding in my R shots when there was a light source in the frame so if this update fixes it that's great news.
  2. R

Canon publishes a paper discussing a new 3.4 μm pixel pitch global shutter CMOS image sensor with dual in-pixel charge domain memory

No it's not. As a strobist I consider global shutter to be the next big innovation I'm looking forward to. Flash sync at any shutter speed without workarounds like HSS or HS.
  3. R

RP - Now I have one.....

I think the solution to "the camera doesn't know" is to let me make the choice because I do know, instead of locking me out of a big selling point of mirrorless tech (realtime exposure preview). I would not object if this was the default behavior that I can tweak, but I haven't found a way to...
  4. R

RP - Now I have one.....

Silent shutter and EFCS is off. I've just tested it with Canon 600EX-RT in hotshoe - turns exp sim off Canon ST-E3-RT trigger - turns exp sim off Godox X Pro trigger for Canon - turns exp sim off Elinchrom Skyport Pro for Canon - turns exp sim off Elinchrom dumb 1-pin trigger - exp sim stays on...
  5. R

RP - Now I have one.....

Can you test something for me? I have the R and when I put a flash into the hotshoe (or a wireless trigger) and turn it on, the camera disables exposure simulation if it's on. That makes sense in a studio setting but it drives me nuts outside when I just want to use the flash for some fill. I...