Search results

1. RGB49

Stock Notice: Canon LP-E6NH batteries at Adorama

Hi Alan, the two I bought from them were fine, perhaps I was lucky and got new stock, it appears the only cheap route away from canons prices are non OEM, but usually there are problems with the camera recognising them. Only success I've had is LP-E6N from EXpro which has a 2500mAH capacity and...
  2. RGB49

Stock Notice: Canon LP-E6NH batteries at Adorama

Cheapest genuine Canon batteries I've found in the UK from Bristol Cameras at £93 inc Vat. Canon are ripping customers off in the Uk even at these prices, the price hike from the LP-E6N is outrageous
  3. RGB49

Show your Bird Portraits

R5,EF 600iii +1.4 Iso 12800 F5.6 Topaz denoise.
  4. RGB49

How frequently does your R5 freeze/lock up?

I believe its something to do with customisation set ups, but also the firmware version itself, I never had any problems within Ver 1.4, the odd lockup with 1.5 but more with 1.5.1. I wish I could reset back to 1.4 but EOS utility won't let it happen, it did from 1.5 to go back to 1.4 but not...
  5. RGB49

How frequently does your R5 freeze/lock up?

New lockup problem with Ver 1.5.1, Today took the R5 out with 1.5.1 update installed after having a minor problem of lockup with ver 1.5 previously. The camera was in custom mode using BBF and servo/single shot on other configurable buttons and had a problem with it locking up upon pressing AF...
  6. RGB49

Show your Bird Portraits

1,3 & 4 lovely images
  7. RGB49

Show your Bird Portraits

Glossy Ibis, Quite rare for SE England. R5, 600F4 iii +1.4
  8. RGB49

Show your Bird Portraits

Love that 1st image
  9. RGB49

Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS III USM

R5 & 600F4iii ISO2500
  10. RGB49

Canon EF 600mm f/4 III with Canon extender 1,4 III?

I have the EF 600 iii and the 1.4 iii and the IQ is just great. I now use it on the R5 and quality wise is seems even better than when used on the 5dMK4, whether this is down to my ability to fine tune the AFMA I don't know. I also have the 2Xiii but found this quite soft on the 5D MK4 and...
  11. RGB49

Flashing R5 back to 1.1.1 - advice and help please.

Not sure if the answer is the connection between the grip and the body, I experienced the same fault with a 600mm F4 iii on the R5, and the 24-70 RF whenever I switched to portrait mode. Ensure that the grip is fully tightened against the body, This cured it for me.
  12. RGB49

Breakthrough Photography launches the ‘Breakthrough R’ drop-in filters for the Canon EOS R system

This is the reply i rec'd from them in the last week; The PL to RF adapter for cinema lenses will be available first. The PL to RF adapter is currently in manufacturing and we'll begin shipping as soon as it completes. EF to RF adapters will begin manufacturing following PL to RF. This is new...
  13. RGB49

EF Lensbaby Tilt Shift for Canon R6 using EF-R adapter?

I use the EF lensbaby composer pro2 on the R5 using the adaptor and it works just fine. the additional help of peaking etc of mirrorless makes it much easier to use.
  14. RGB49

Canon Rumors becomes fully compliant

I laboriously went through and deleted all options only to find that it made no difference it just re-appeared every time making the site unusable. I did find that if I use my VPN it got rid of the problem, but that VPN uses a European address so I don't know if it is an EU problem.
  15. RGB49

Breakthrough Photography launches the ‘Breakthrough R’ drop-in filters for the Canon EOS R system

I pre-ordered a drop in filter on 30th Nov, given the price difference with Canon, i emailed them last week to see if there was any information about possible delivery dates and this is the response from Breakthrough. Shawn (Breakthrough Photography) Dec 31, 2020, 8:05 PST Good Morning RG...
  16. RGB49

Miscellaneous Wildlife

R5 with Sigma 150-600 Sport+ 1.4X SOOC ISO12800 1/1000s F9 840mm
  17. RGB49

Getting 12 fps on eos r5

P 259 in manual gives an insight, i also think I read somewhere shutter speed > 1/1000 Also table on P 452 explains
  18. RGB49

TCs on the 100-400mm II

A quick grab shot, R5 with EF 100-400mm II + 2 x TC III @ 1/1250 F11 800mm ISO 1280 Focus very fast and seems like no need to buy the 800 F11
  19. RGB49

Show your Bird Portraits

Another small one
  20. RGB49

Untangling Canon's asinine use of proprietary connectors in the AC-E6N AC power adapter

Actually looking at the aboves data sheet the socket would be pcb mounted but third pin is a normally closed contact that opens when the plug is inserted. I have attached the data sheet if anyone wants more info on the socket and plug. Well done KLJ for all the work sorting this