Search results

1. P

Are these the 7 RF lenses Canon will be announcing in 2020? [CR1]

Can someone link the rumored Aps-c R bodies for him? I think he’s wandered into the full frame body discussion on accident. You may wanna slow your roll on the innovation comments about these lenses, as Canon hasn’t innovated a body yet for the lenses you’re looking for.
  2. P

Canon EOS R Mark II in testing [CR2]

Is justSteve Swedish too? Haha
  3. P

Is this not true for Canon and Nikon in regards to the same exact Mirrorless full frame market? Do they not have the same path to travel that Sony has been on?
  4. P

Circle the fanboy wagons! One persons experience in one part of the world can’t possibly reflect the experience of others, nor be an indicator of broader trends. I’m curious what your explanations are for Sony to surpass marketshare of Canon and Nikon in the full frame market in less than 6...
  5. P

The clue to me seems that within 6 years of Sony stepping into the full frame pro world, they’ve managed to surpass Nikon and Canon in marketshare. Among many reasons for this, one seems to be their aggressive approach to wooing away Canon and Nikons field of pro photographers. This has been...
  6. P

There’s been a lot of posts about this speculation. The R right now is $1499 with adapter and extras from Adorama. It was released at like $2,299 just 18 months ago? Best time to buy the R if that’s what your goal is and you’ll get your money back out of it when you decide to upgrade to the...
  7. P

The Gnarbox 2.0 looks like a nice option...did I say nice? I meant expensive. But really, I’m probably going to buy one going from 5D IV to R.
  8. P

Wow you have great work and your review was well done. It’s not my line of work, but I knew Sony’s advancements with the A9 is something I feel a lot of Canon Nikon shooters underestimate. If Canon is as serious about mirrorless as they’ve recently appeared to be, they have a lot to learn from...
  9. P

They’re one time usage from what I’ve read. So someone who isn’t using the promo would have to share it I think. The other option is getting the one from Adorama with the free Flashpoint Zoom flash and selling that for about $200. It’s a $270 flash. So that takes you down to $1,299. Or...
  10. P

At the time Canon 5D Mark IV's were selling for $3,300 or so and I got them in the $1,900 range and also got a 10% eBay bucks promo. That's a savings of about $1,500 per body. The $800 example may be true of today as I haven't been paying attention to the 5D bodies as we're transitioning to...
  11. P

Firmware update coming to address Canon RF 70-200 focus issues at MFD

It really depends on what you're shooting. Working distance is definitely a factor depending on the subject. Have you looked at the Laowa lenses? I'm really hoping 200mm with half the MFD as the previous version will get me in the ball park of our 105mm Macro. Yeah the 2.8 maximum aperture...
  12. P

Yeah I saw that but I’m curious how close it will be to just a similar look. I did the math weeks ago and tried to setup a test comparing 200mm from like 48” away vs 105mm 24” or so away from subject. I can’t remember the exact numbers but I’m looking for “good enough”. With 30mp and maybe more...
  13. P

Anyone have any good samples of shots at 200mm at MFD? We’re buying this lens sooner or later and wondering if it can replace our Sigma 105mm Macro for basic macro shots. Mostly creative wedding and engagement ring shots. Just one less lens to own and bring to shoots and weddings. Currently...
  14. P

I forgot I did have a bad experience with a Sigma 135 art lens. Had bad front focus and couldn't adjust with USB dock to acceptable performance. PayPal stepped in and forced a return, but I think I remember having to pay about $50 in return shipping to Hong Kong. That wasn't a fun experience...
  15. P

I'm sure there's probably a lot. Just looking at how many are sold on these listings on eBay is baffling. Just one of the 5Ds sellers has sold nearly 500 in the past few days. That's not a popular camera by any means. I see a lot of these listings sell thousands in a few days. For every...
  16. P

Yeah it’s crazy. Ebay has new ones for $1119.99 right now. Pair that with the 10% eBay bucks if you get the offer and you’re at $1,000.00 for a new 5DS. People can poo poo gray market all they want. I’m not spending $2,300 more on the same exact body. You technically still have a one year...
  17. P

Yeah “just” $350, because that is less than the $11,000 we would’ve spent with US bodies. We do own many US bodies as well, including the two I bought today. I would say the gamble is worth it. So Scold me all you want. I still need to incur $10,650 in repairs before I break even.
  18. P

When you’re buying a lot of bodies that gamble gets spread out. I think we’ve bought 8 in the past three years. Do the math on the savings haha. Only had one issue with a PCB board that went out after 11 months. I didn’t even try to get it warrantied. Just paid the $350 after CPS discount.
  19. P

I understand that and regularly try to wait to buy the bulk of our gear for our studio until mid December. We got 2 Mark IVs gray market for $1,800 years back. But I’ve never seen Canon rebates surpass eBay promos on gray market gear. Especially with Adorama and BH bundles on top of that. I...
  20. P

Hot Deal: Canon EOS R Body $1499, Canon EOS 5D Mark IV $1999 from Adorama

I had the same fear and ordered one last night around 1am Midwest time. Ordered second one this morning after seeing it wasn’t a mistake. Did you get a flash with yours? I wondered if it has something to do with that. Flashpoint V1 is about $279. I already have them so they’ll be sold.