Search results

1. O

CP+ showed a shifting focus

Just wait until you find out how Bernays used feminism and communism with ideas of gender equality to sell cigarettes. Marketing for both men and women has always been toxic and always worked to destroy cohesive elements of society and pretend that society was always blown apart and indeed of...
  2. O

Nikon Releases Z 800mm at 1/3 Cost of Canon’s

Sadly, Canon Japan is more expensive than the USA, and while not as expensive as Canon Europe, sits between them despite much of the production being done here, and the company being founded and headquartered here. It used to be the opposite. But as with all things global, the home people are...
  3. O

Canon Appears To Plan 10% RF Lens Price Hike in Japan

Two years of failing businesses, burning cities, lay offs, and shortages caused by all of the above, and we are worried about price hikes? It is inevitable and it will hit all aspects of our lives as it will hit every business. Prepare to cinch your belt and your wallet.
  4. O

Preorder the Canon EOS R3, RF 16mm f/2.8 STM, RF 100-400mm f/5.6-8 IS USM and accessories

The 16mm is 74$ USD more expensive in Japan, Canon's headquarters. I remember when Japan made stuff first for their own people, but it is no longer the case. Japan is nothing but a shell, making things for foreign investment.
  5. O

Industry News: Nikon to end camera production in Japan

Imagine being so dependent on a foreign country that without them you don't have screws or medicine. This is ridiculous.
  6. O

Industry News: Nikon to end camera production in Japan

Apart from rising profits, why does it make sense to lower the quality of work Japanese can do in their home country, lower the oversight in manufacturing, lower the potential of Japan as a camera making country, lower consumer trust in Japan, and more? I get that Nikon are suffering, but this...
  7. O

Here is the Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6, along with the announcement date

What it is is beautiful. The R nailed size and basic ergonomics. It messed up a few button placements and it lacked important dials. We know the R5 fixes this. If the R6 can keep the same basic placement and shape, it will be a wonderful beastie.
  8. O

Canon EOS R5 pricing in Europe may have leaked [CR2]

It is insane that the insane lending that goes on between organizations like the FED make such massive upticks in inflation. Japan obviously doesn't do the same thing. Inflation has occurred, but more like 10% in 20 or 30 years, if that.
  9. O

Canon EOS R5 pricing in Europe may have leaked [CR2]

I live in Japan. When I first came, prices included taxes. That was when tax was 3%. Tax has risen steadily over the last ten years so that today it is 10%. Many places no longer bother including tax within the price, perhaps because they know it will again rise, or perhaps because they have...
  10. O

Samyang announces the AF 85mm f/1.4 for the RF mount

I certainly understand the different tools thing. I used to shoot with dual CFV-50 and 50c backs on bellows and then mounted to two different SLR bodies for studio work. Today I have a GFX. It isn't as versatile on bellows and can't mount as many lens types, but it is way easier to use in...
  11. O

Samyang announces the AF 85mm f/1.4 for the RF mount

If Samyang are jumping into the RF mount along with others, I think it is time for me to dump Fujifilm X and GFX and go all in on Canon. Fuji fans keep saying APS-C is the sweet spot, which in some ways, it is, but it really depends. For still life APS-C is way way behind, showing less detail...
  12. O

5Ghz wifi capabilities confirmed for the Canon EOS R5

Yes, the GFX has a señsor approximately 60% larger, but the difference between a good FF (say D800) in practical application, is very small. I assume that the R5 will have similar output to the D800, and if it does, I will trade my GFX50s for it. Better AF, better image update speed for macro...
  13. O

The Canon EOS R5 has passed Bluetooth certification

Was thinking about an X-T4, but knowing the EOS R has good IQ, I think I will just assume that the EOS R5 will be better again, and good enough to replace my GFX50s. Sell that and the X-T3 and be out of Fuji land except for the X100- that is, if its video is as sharp as the X-T3's is. This thing...
  14. O

5Ghz wifi capabilities confirmed for the Canon EOS R5

If it is as rumoured, I will replace a GFX50s with one- assuming I can sell the one and afford the other.
  15. O

Here is the Canon RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 IS STM Macro

More affordable lenses like this please.
  16. O

Tweaking Canon 80D audio

The 80D’s audio is poor. It loses a lot of sound pressure in the bass and the highs. I’d only keep it to sync with the recorder as it is next to rubbish for any sort of reference use.
  17. O

Rumoured Canon EOS Rs Specifications [CR1]

I use an iMac Pro, and even it (base 8 core with upgraded 64G ram and 16GB VRAM) slows down madly under PS and LR. I know this is a hardware issue, because it runs through Helicon focus like the Dickens. My previous iMac from 2012 with an nVidia card was far faster at real time transformations...
  18. O

Poll: Are you going to be preordering the Canon EOS 90D or Canon EOS M6 Mark II?

I’m a happy 80D owner. I love most things about it but stills AF, which is a huge step back and the 90D appears to do little to change that. If the video is improved I might purchase it in a year or so but as of now, the M6ii might make for an interesting update for video recording to the 80D.
  19. O

Canon posts RF lens control ring modification information

It’s still digital so perfectly smooth transitions aren’t possible.
  20. O

Patent: Zoom tilt-shift lenses

My main worry would be mechanical distortion.