Search results

1. A

Samyang to release an AF 14mm f/2.8 for the RF mount

This is great to see. I honestly can't wait to see a flood of more affordable 3rd party options for the EOS R with creative focal ranges or unique offerings. Seeing something like the Tamron compact F2.8 trinity come to EOS R would be brilliant.
  2. A

Patent: Canon RF 70-240mm f/4 IS and RF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS

That RF 70-300 has been the one I'm really looking forward to. Using the EF 70-300 Nano USM with adapter right now for wildife photography and it's pretty unwieldy at times. This new design at 137mm (5.4 inches) closed will be amazing. Interesting to see a 70-240 F4. I'm guessing that's...
  3. A

Canon explains RF lens technology and why bigger is better (sometimes)

I really hope we start seeing the smaller lenses this video references. While having the unique L lenses is nice, it would be ideal if they expanded to have more lenses like the 35mm.
  4. A

70-300mm Lens for my R

I use this combo, got the Nano USM 70-300 after trying out the 18-135 Nano USM on my SL2. It works very well. The one thing I noticed is focusing can sometimes be tiny amount slower than on my EOS R than it is on my SL2 but that overall it's still super fast and the image quality is outstanding...
  5. A

EOS R Hot Pixel experience?

Figured I'd update this. Returned the camera and bought it straight from Canon and this one's been perfect. Seems I did just get a dud. All's well that ends well :)
  6. A

It actually appears on the back screen as well, but is way more visible in the EVF, which led me to believe it was the sensor. I'm returning it now and I think I'll just either purchase the replacement locally or directly from Canon to avoid issues. Honestly the sensor cleaning got rid of most...
  7. A

So I got my EOS R recently and have completely fell in love with the feel and abilities of this camera. Unfortunately there were a cluster of hot pixels on the sensor that appear in the middle of the EVF. They were stuck red, in addition to a stuck white one in the bottom left. I tried the...