Search results

1. Dragon

Spring 2024

More spring. This time with R7 and RF 100-400 Ferns More Pacific Maple Red Elderberry And Salmonberry
  2. Dragon

Spring 2024

Finally Spring is starting to show (all with R5 and RF 24-240). Wild Iris Pacific Maple in bloom Pretty Rhodie
  3. Dragon

Canon EOS R5 Firmware v2.0.0 Released

You are still not reading the room correctly.
  4. Dragon

Canon RF 35mm f/1.2L USM Confirmed for 2024 [CR3]

In the equipment business, the custom department normally has higher margins than any other part of the company. They only sold a few of the @F 1200 lenses, so they likely didn't make a lot of money in total, but as a percentage of what those lenses sold for, I suspect they did quite well...
  5. Dragon

That is not cynicism, just a practical business observation. Soooo many folks have never had to make critical business decisions!
  6. Dragon

Hard to know for sure, but with the amount of military activity going on around the world, I suspect the the RF 1200mm L was far more profitable than you might think. Spooks want all the reach they can get and are willing to pay dearly to get it. The EF 1200mm f/5.6 was made in a different era...
  7. Dragon

Took you all week to come up with that bit of idiocy and now you are even further out on that limb. Hey neuro, shake the tree.
  8. Dragon

Canon officially registers a second unannounced EOS R camera body

You only have sit through the multi-year group of committee meetings for one standardization effort to understand why the process is a bit warped. Technopolitics at its finest.
  9. Dragon

Someone who ALWAYS has to double down on stupid. I will just leave you out there on your limb (and maybe persuade Neuro to shake the tree).
  10. Dragon

If you follow the thread back, you will see that I was not needling Neuro, but rather the one to whom he was referring who made a blanket statement that was a generalization suggesting that red hats are equivalent to tinfoil hats and that is pure and simple BS propaganda. But, yes, there are...
  11. Dragon

Actually, those with red hats understand business far better than he does ;).
  12. Dragon

For 1. If you actually put the camera in manual ISO mode, it will not change the ISO setting even after a power cycle. If you have it set to auto ISO and change the ISO with the front roller, that is only a "program" change for the immediate shot. For 2. The camera is doing exactly what...
  13. Dragon

Seems like some of your "issues" may be considered "features" by others, so the question is what feedback has Canon gotten.
  14. Dragon

What does your last complaint even mean? The camera only goes to ISO 50 and that is an extended setting that mostly sacrifices highlight headroom so not much reason to use it.
  15. Dragon

Get a second one. They are really cheap right now. :ROFLMAO:
  16. Dragon

Actually, it makes sense the way it is. If it switched back after you had taken some photos with one card out, then you would have files on both cards and that would be even more confusing. Best plan is to look at the info screen after removing and inserting a card and see where it is then...
  17. Dragon

That works out to 5,400 frames/hour. Sorting through those must be tons of fun.
  18. Dragon

Doggie-eye will be in version 3.0 about 8 months after the release of the R5 II. No point in ticking off folks who can't or don't want to make the upgrade, but there is definitely a percentage in giving them the "opportunity" to upgrade before making the old one too attractive. EDIT: The...
  19. Dragon

Summary of my RF 200-800mm testing

I find that the 200-800 works well as a push-pull zoom (particularly the push part). If you start wide, the lens is quite easy to simply push out to the long end without loosing your subject. For me it works much better that twisting the ring.
  20. Dragon

Fixed lens “Retro” camera coming from Canon?

What Canon needs in the line is an up-to-date pocketable camera that takes really great images. Clearly a fixed-lens design is the easiest to accomplish pocketabilty with. APS-H would be an interesting choice in that it would not compete directly with FF RF cameras, but would have the best IQ...